Look at these beautiful Buddhist principles - why would Jehovah kill anyone following this?

by yadda yadda 2 7 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Check out these sublime Buddhist mindfulness trainings by a famous Buddhist monk. Now why would this man or any adherent of such beautiful teachings be destroyed at Armageddon?

www.plumvillage.org/mindfulness-trainings/340-14mt-revised.html

(For some reason I can't cut and paste webpage addresses using Google Chrome. Can someone activate this link for me please?)

Thanks

yadda

• irondork
  • WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Thanks for the link! There is some great stuff in there. I have always been attracted to Buddhism due to the way it promotes openness and a certain quiet calmness. In my daily life, I try and combine Christian ways and Buddhist ways. Maybe I'll start my own religion called Jehovah's Buddhists....

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The Third Mindfulness Training: Freedom of Thought

Here's one reason. . .

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Words, words, words...

Buddhism is as much responsible for the bloodshed of millions as Christendom is-innocent people are killed because they are not Buddhists even today!

F*** them all.

• Scully
    Scully

why would Jehovah kill anyone following this?

Because Jehovah is an @$$hole.

• TOTH
    TOTH

LMAO SCULLY!!!!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The whole concept of God...Jehovah, if the WT insists....killing people is bizarre and ridiculous.

If Jesus' message was that God is Love, it's the ultimate contradiction. Potty. Bonkers.

The more I think about things, the more attracted I am to Buddhist thought though I've no current plans to espouse any formal religion. However, next to my bed I have a little book of writings by the Dalai Lama on Compassion.

Reading a paragraph or so first and last thing is proving a very happy alternative to the ubiquitous "day text"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit