2012 DC Program

by blondie 47 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Every week, the WTS leaves Jesus out of the picture even in articles that purport to be around him. By the 3rd paragraph, it's all about God and Jesus becomes an impersonal tool. Around Christmas the WTS puts Jesus back in at least one of the canned presentations in the KM and have one magazine with Jesus on the cover. It used to be when the WTS no longer charged for pubs they could no longer feature the WTS (Xmas present) but feature the Greatest Man book instead.

God

Jesus

FDS/GB/WTS

non-anointed jws cannot reach Jesus or have a relationship with him without going through the WTS organization.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My heart skipped a couple of beats when I read through the program and realized I will be out enjoying life (i.e. riding my bike, swimming, fishing)instead of sitting on my ass for days listening to that mindless crap and eating bagged lunches and starchy dinners. Hmmm.....I wonder who will really have a healthier heart?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Wasn't there going to be a part "Enemies of God's Kingdom--Apostates"? Or did I miss something?

• cheerios
    cheerios

you can be pretty sure that masturbation will hold center stage

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

What a crap fest!

• straightshooter
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Friday

10:50 Song No. 57 and Announcements

After singing song No. 57 please remain standing for all of the announcements.

BETHEL SERVICE

Baptized publishers 30 years of age and under who are legal

Residents, or are on a Tourist Visa, in excellent health and shape, and are interested in serving at Bethel should

plan to attend the meeting for Bethel applicants on Friday

afternoon. The exact location and time for this meeting will

be announced in advance.

BOOK ROOM

This department cares for dispensing all literature items, including any new publications released at the convention. Please remember that considerable cost is associated with printing of the publications and your contributions help to cover the cost and support the worldwide work.

PHOTOGRAPHS

Photographic flashes are only effective for a few feet. Please do not distract the audience or the speakers by taking flash photos. This year the Governing Body has made arrangements for professional quality photos of speakers, interviews, baptisms, and the drama to be available through the District Convention Digital Photographic Department. The District Convention Digital Photographic Department is located in room 700 on the Skyclub Level directly to my right. There is a suggested donation and contribution boxes will be located at convenient locations.

Further, the Governing Body, Keynote speakers and participants in the Drama will pose with publishers in the District Convention Digital Photographic Department. You may choose from several authentic backgrounds. Arrangements for autographed photos will be available by arrangement from the closing of the session until 6:00 p.m. each night.

Please remember that copyright laws apply to all of these photos and reproduction is prohibited without the written consent of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Personnel will be available to assist you in ordering 16 wallet sized photos, four 5 x 7 photos or one 8.5 x 11 in either glossy or matt finishes. Framing services are available with payment of the suggested contribution and will be available for pick up after the closing session. Please address all checks to “Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses”. That is 5 words.

CHAIRMAN

The chairman cares for matters pertaining to the convention

program and program participants. The Chairman’s office is located on the SkyClub level in room 685 directly behind the bar room.

CONTRIBUTIONS

At considerable expense, arrangements have been made to

provide adequate seating, a sound system, and many other

services that make it enjoyable to attend the convention

and help us to draw closer to Jehovah. Your voluntary contributions

help to cover these expenses and also support

the worldwide work. For your convenience, clearly marked

INFORMATION FOR DELEGATES 3

contribution boxes are located throughout the facility. All

contributions are very much appreciated. The Governing

Body wishes to thank you for your generous support of

Kingdom interests.

FIRST AID

Please bear in mind that this is for EMERGENCIES ONLY. After utilizing the First Aid department, please remember to contribute the suggested donation. In certain cases arrangements can be made for you to provide the suggested donation after receipt of all the incurred costs.

Fire Arms and Switchblades

Fire arms should not be left in the car as gunpowder becomes unstable while stored in the heat. Please check your fire arms including pistols, shot guns, and ordinance on the Mezzanine level directly to my left. Switchblades should also be kept in an approved container for safety. Please be mindful that these loving provision do have cost and payment should be submissive to the suggest donation.

ATTENDANTS

The attendants are assigned to assist you. Please cooperate fully with them by following their direction with regard to parking, crowd control, seat saving, and other matters. At the end of the each day’s session, envelopes will be available for contributing to the World Wide Work clearly marked Volunteer Delegates 3 at a suggested contribution for the cost of providing attendants

Chewing and Spitting

Chewing of Tabaco products or gum is prohibited in the auditorium. Spitting is prohibited on certain levels. Before spitting please observe the posted signs. Chewing Tabaco products, cigarettes, and gum will be available through the Book Room for a suggested donation.

Valet Parking

Valet Parking is available at the Market Street entrance off 186. Personell carriers will transport you to the main entrance of the Stadium. Please remember to contribute the recommended donation for these services.

Donations

Suggested Donations should not be given directly to any brother or sister and tipping in not needed. Please use the conveniently located contribution boxes and fill out the deposit slip or use the automatic teller machines. You may also purchase ticket books in $20 increments to be used for these suggested donations on debit and credit cards automated machines in the lobby.

You may be seated.

• jemba
    jemba

Theres gonna be a hell of a lot of 'you cant do this, and you cant do that' going on on that weekend!!

I feel so sorry for the poor young people dragged along to that crapfest! Im so glad my kids are out of that lifestyle.

I took my 8 yr old to a concert last night and after 1/2hr of thoroughly entertaining music which he was enjoying he just couldnt keep still any longer. It was in the same place our conventions are held and it made me think about how I used to make him sit through 3 days of that total BS!

I had trouble seeing how Prov 6:20 " observe o my son the commandments of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother." Really pointed to the FDS as being mother. Theyre so weird.

Billy that was hilarious. I couldnt believe what id just said when I said it out loud. ROFL

• watson
    watson

Sir82...1971 all over again!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Billy said, "I noticed right away that on the Friday morning symposium "Beware of Dangerous Heart Conditions!", they neglected to include the dangerous heart condition, hoof-hearted."

This is one of the problems with taking the Bible completely literal. Perhaps they are going back to the idea they had in the 70's that when the Bible talked about the "heart" or "heart condition" that it literally meant the blood pumping muscle heart.

Which would mean that the "heart" has it's own brain that is in competition with the, ugh..., well brain; let me try to explain, in the conflict of the the brain's brain but not the reasoning part of the brain of the heart, because that is the heart. As the conductor said, "Let's move on to the next paragraph we are running short on time".

Therefore, as the mad scientist taught before the blood pumping heart can reason and deceive us and be "hoof hearted". I somewhat remember as a kid sitting through this WT study thinking "what the, and who the son of a hampster thought to write this"? They eventually came to a new light that quietly swept this teaching behind. I'll bet this writer was moved to the electrical repair department and prescribed regular enemas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit