They're sending the Big Guns

by biometrics 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• biometrics
    biometrics

I went to get in my car the other day. Before I could start moving engine a JW pulled his car in behind mine then got out and walked up to my window. He then said "You must be brother <biometrics>", I said "I'm <biometrics>" then looked at him as if to say "Who are you?". "I'm brother XXX, I can see you're going out now so I'll catch you another time. This is the third time I've called around, but you've been out".

As he left I turned to my wife (in the passenger seat), and said Who is that? she said "Oh that's sister YYY's father, he's just moved in". I later found out he's an elder and supposedly quite charismatic, and wealthy.

I guess I should prepare some questions to ask him when he arrives next? I'd like something that would be subtle enough that he doesn't suspect I'm "Apostate", yet something he couldn't answer, and would ... dare I say it ... "make him think".

• watson
    watson

Hmmm, just moved in, eh? Maybe the Society sent him to your congregation to ferret out....... APOSTATES!!

• blondie
    blondie

Doesn't sound like a definite appointment was struck with you. Just say that you are very busy and when you have time you will contact him. Just say that once, politely, and then hang up or shut the door, don't let him in if he just drops by. The problem is that your wife might let him in if he "drops by" unannounced.

• biometrics
    biometrics
    Doesn't sound like a definite appointment was struck with you. Just say that you are very busy and when you have time you will contact him. Just say that once, politely, and then hang up or shut the door, don't let him in if he just drops by. The problem is that your wife might let him in if he "drops by" unannounced.

If I do that, he'll probably come over with his wife, under the pretense of visiting my wife.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Prepare a few parts of Raymond's Crisis of Conscience for him to read. Or direct him to JWfacts.com

Scott77

• harleybear
    harleybear

Try this: "You know brother there has been so much that has gone on and of course you know that I can't talk about it. Let's just leave things where they are" Keep it vague, and a little secretive. If he is an elder he know full well that if there was a"matter" that was "delicate" you could not discuss it with him. There does not have to be anything real, but the illusion that there is some mysterious what ever will set him back. Give it try. It worked for me. Try some persuasive body language. Head bowed, deep breather before speaking. That is alway a nice touch. Be safe

• Magi
    Magi

Tell him you don't talk to strangers. And how strange it is that someone you don't know shows up at your residence without invitation, knowing who you are, and expects you to talk to him. He can just get over himself.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I think when he comes over I'll take the dog for a walk, and leave them all to have a great time.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Geez... in some neighborhoods, if a vehicle pulled up behind another vehicle, and a man got out and approached the first vehicle... that'd be an invitation to get shot!

Seriously... if he, or anyone else does this sort of thing, I would be 'counselling' his arse on how NOT to come up on someone - I don't care if he's the bloody POPE!

I've had panhandlers approach me, walking very swiftly and purposely up to the car door with me still inside. I tell them to get away.

I would lambast this fella the next time I see him - just on the principle. No need to discuss anything else with him.

Yeah - if he ever 'drops by', just excuse yourself, and walk away.

Regards,

Jim TX

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Depends on your goal. If you want to be "outed" by all means give him a few questions to chew on...

But if you want to be left alone, I agree with the others. Treat him like he is some sort of stalker, (which he is!) and move on with life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit