Awake 7/2012: YPA – Are we just friends — or more? pt.2 (with running snarkiness)

by corpusdei 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Excellent snarkiness! And as you mentioned, I think the customary footnote needs this change:

* Some names, ages, genders, and stories in this article have been changed.

There, now the 62 year-old brother can write the entire farticle with a clear conscience.

Now they need to address the important topic, "YPA--Are we just Friends? The Dangers of Same-Sex Friendships"

Followed by, "YPA--Are we just Friends? The Dangers of Pets"

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I never was a JW, I am a worldly atheist. Very much enjoyed the humour of the OP - but there is a sad message underlying it. Is it any wonder that there are so many dysfunctional relationships (as evidenced by so many posts here) when this is the sort of 'advice' being given. It is pure, controlling, crap.

When my daughter was 17, she discussed with her mother that the time had come in her relationship that she wanted to sleep with her boyfriend (she was living at home at the time). Her mum and I went out for dinner and stayed at a hotel so she ccould have the house to herself so that what is an intense experience in any girl's life could be as good as possible (rather than fiddling around in the back of a car or whatever).

No, her relationship did not last - but there were no regrets, just good memories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit