How do I thank you?

by WindRider 9 Replies latest jw friends

• WindRider
    WindRider

Hi everyone, my goodness....I dont know how to thank all of you! Your posts touched me so deeply; I dont know how to thank you all or how to tell you how much your kindness and love have meant today.

I know we all have so many of our own problems and issues to deal with; I feel kind of foolish for.....God, I dont know what? For feeling so lost, so utterly impotent to change all that is going on, both inside my head as well as in my family, that I would be weak enough to want to give up and give in. For worrying the kindest, most dearest man I have ever been fortunate enough to know, let alone love....and I do Richard, with all my heart!

I feel foolish for not keeping it together and even posting about this, in retrospect. It's just that I was really searching for a lifeline this morning; searching for some warmth, and...again, I dont know what, that would let me regain my footing....because both feet had slipped big time. Sounds pretty melodramatic, I suppose. God knows I dont mean for it to.

I have always been a strong person; starting from as long as I can remember. I had to to survive home; like so many of us here. My mom always used to tell me how strong I was and how much she depended on that. That was the highest compliment someone could pay me growing up; still is in many ways. It was something I always strived for; so maybe that is why I feel so foolish for today.

Somethings that are going on I couldnt talk about if I wanted to due to a gag order I signed(sometimes I wish I had the money lying around to pay the penalty for breaking the order; I would have one hell of a book if I ever did, on the other hand maybe its just as well) Other problems are ones we are all facing to one degree or another: financial worries, abusive ex's,parental worries, etc. Sometimes all the factors become critical and you begin doubting yourself, your worth, and your ability to stop what feels like a moving train, with your bare hands....Im sure you know what I mean. But you are all right, through it all I have someone so special, and strong to lean on when I just dont remember how, that I should be able to get through anything....as long as he is by my side at least in spirit, I will always have a reason to go on and keep putting one foot in front of the other. I know in many ways I am exceedingly fortunate, for having such an exceptional, wonderful man to love, for my two boys, and for surviving the things I have; things that I have seen friends of mine kill themselves over who I thought were stronger than me(Now THAT's a scary thought) and for having wonderful, caring people like you here, that take time to do more than just read, but actually take time out of there busy, chaotic, stressful lives to care and offer their hand in friendship! You are all the best!! Im crying right now; it's hard to type through the tears.....but it is such a good cry, and Ive needed it for so long. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And thank you for letting me talk, when I think of the comraderie, friendship and caring that is shown on this board every day, I feel like spitting in my ex's eye when he spouts WT rhetoric to me about not being able to find true friends in "the world", esp. not with "those apostates"! Hey, I'll throw my lot in with you guys anyday and with great pride! Anymore I think being an "apostate" is a real badge of honor!

So everyone, thanks for being there for me today, for making me smile and even laugh, and maybe esp. for making me cry.

Love you all,
    Windrider (Robin)

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

I too want to thank all of the good folks here who are there for us when the going gets rough. Thank you all for being here when Robin needed you the most.

Robin:

Honey, you have nothing to feel foolish about. You have been there for me when I needed you. You have pulled me up many times when I had lost all hope. How you never gave up on me when I gave up on myself.

One of the most frustrating things our about relationship is that I cannot brag about you the way I want to. To tell everyone on this board and my family how truly remarkable you are. Even the little bit I know of your life story is the stuff novels are written of.

And yet, after all that you are not a bitter person but instead are the kindest, sweetest and gentlest soul that walks this planet. How you have strength beyond what I have, and I am a strong person.

How you are everything I have ever dreamed of and even more.

Richard, who is proud to belong to Robin

• cellomould
    cellomould

( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( WindRider ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )

Virtual Hugs sure beat Cold Apathetic Shunnings, don't they???

Take good care...remember a little depression is healthy and normal under harsh circumstances.

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick
    ..you are..the kindest, sweetest and gentlest soul that walks this planet. you are everything I have ever dreamed of and even more.
    -Richard, who is proud to belong to Robin

That is so beautiful.

I know in many ways I am exceedingly fortunate, for having such an exceptional, wonderful man to love -Robin
    Yes, you are.
  • Prisca
    Prisca

We love you back WindRider.

• Norm
    Norm

Hi there WindRider,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have been busy this last week (two hard drives conked out on me) so I don't know the nature of your troubles but it is good to see that you have bounced back. Being strong is all very well, but some times being too strong leads to overextending yourself. Stong people also need support and to recharge once in while. Like everybody else they need to be held and comforted, hope you get all that.

All the best,

Norm

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

WindRider,

Wow, what a strong lady you are. Through all your problems your qualities of strength, kindness and a sense of humor show through. I just hope whatever it is that you are dealing with in your life, that you can eventually put in its place and let it go!

Please feel free to e-mail me if you need a hearing ear. That’s about all I can do lately is listen, because I sure don’t have the answers anymore. But it is amazing how sharing our experiences in life helps put them in their proper perspective and lets us heal.

Hoping for brighter days in you and your family’s lives.

j2bf

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Robin

Glad your day is going better. Sometimes life can be overwhelming with it's problems...but we all know from experience that tomorrow is a fresh day with no mistakes in it. So, it doesn't matter how bad today or yesterday was...we have a fresh start tomorrow. Take care of yourself...and hang on to that Richard!

think41self

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

• Not Perfect
    Not Perfect

Hi Sweetie,

I'm so sorry that you are sturggling right now. I know that I am aware of some aspects that others are not and understand. I emailed you the other day, hope you got it.

I am here for you whenever you need me.

Your Sis, Alicia

• Valentine
    Valentine

Hi Robin,
    Glad you are better!luv,T

Norm-I really loved what you said about over-extending,needing support and recharging ourselves.
    Yes strong people will need compassion ,support and caring from time to time.No one is strong all the time,that's just part of the human condition.And it doesnt make them weak or ill,it makes them human.luv,T

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit