Happy Nurses Week!

by serenitynow! 16 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Happy nurses week to my fellow JWN nurses! Does anyone work for a good employer who does anything special for you for the week? My company doesn't.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Happy Nurses week to you serenitynow! The hospital I work for has a whole week of activities planned for the nurses:ice cream social, Nures's tea day

where we can register for Certified Nurse Scholarships. They also have a day where nurses give an example of how they feel they have made a difference

in a patient's life. The winner of the essay recieves a prize. They have a special treat planned for night shift, which is what I work; don't know what that

will be, probably some pizza. We also usually receive a small gift such as a coffee cup or something along that line. I am surprised your employer doesn't do

anything for you. Most places usually do a little something for the nurses. As hard as we work, we need a little show of thanks once in a while don't you

think?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Happy Nurse week!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Scully and FoundSheep are nurses. FYI.

• besunny
    besunny

Thank you fellow nurses,been nursing for 28 years,,and my company as far as I know has nothing planned for us special,,have a great rest of the week!!!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

sorry didn't see this two days ago I woudn't have started a new one

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

lets see I got a pen and a pen light that says thanks for your help and free icecream.... but my Hubby paid for it so?....

• Scully
    Scully

The union [local bargaining unit] sent a huge gift basket full of sweets and treats to each unit in the hospital, plus the union's head office sent out keychain flashlights with their last newsletter.

The hospital usually provides coffee coupons from the cafeteria for Nurses' Week, but I haven't seen any yet. Plus the CEO usually goes around with the one of the medical directors on the evening shift to each unit, handing out cookies and tea or coffee to the nurses. I'll find out if that's happening tomorrow when I'm working nights.

There was a skills fair today that was pretty interesting. Various units and committees made poster presentations of initiatives they've been working on, including 2 from the NICU where I work.

There's a Nurses' Week Luncheon on Friday. Usually I'll attend if I'm not working or sleeping. You pay $10 for your ticket and the union sponsors the rest. Every time I've gone it's been an amazing buffet lunch. I have to skip this year because I'm coming off night shift and will be dead to the world. The units will bring in extra staff to cover nurses who want to go to the Luncheon, and the hospital provides shuttle bus service to the venue where it's being held.

They've organized a volleyball tournament for 20 teams from various units for tomorrow night. Again... I'll be working, so can't even go and cheer for my team.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Happy Nurses Week to all of you. I just completed Anatomy & Physiology 2 with an "A" and will hopefully get accepted to the RN program at the college I'm attending. I take the TEAS test this Friday so wish me luck everyone!

• Scully
    Scully

Good Luck, sooner7nc!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit