Zone Overseer Talk - Would You Wear Saul's Armour?

by WinstonSmith 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I agree with Bubblegum. They always act like more education is completely a financial decision, but the real danger is that college in particular (or university outside of the US) teaches critical thinking. The org has their own term for critical thinking (cuz they like to play with language) and it's independent thinking---which is evil.

They are losing that battle too. When I left, many people were openly attending college and going for the real degrees, not just the certificates. And the kids keep up a steady stream for the exit door.

NC

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Winston: It was an odd experience writing notes with an awake mind.

Yes it is. Once you're awake, everything (or pretty close to it) that comes out of the brothers' mouths is odd, or worse!

Thanks for sharing.

• designs
    designs

David Splane is the best inducement to leave he should give more talks.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Thank you, Winston, for the report. And for trying to be fair minded about it and report what you heard.

One brother where I work who went to the recent zone meeting, here is what I hear from him about it: (imagine cricket sound)

And here is what Society reports about this 'food at the proper time': (imagine cricket sound)

About the current economic problems: I could see suggesting the formulation of a strategy to try to make due and not burn all your time just trying to make a living. But simply and only focusing on "university education" seems disingenious. It smacks of an alternative agenda. Especially so when they quiety make use of such things themselves whenever they see fit to do so. And when the speaker himself is living off others, you get no sense of empathy or fellow feeling.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I face 3 real giants--Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, and Islam (and the effects of the above)--all the time. The other issues (and particularly money issues) are minor by comparison, and I don't even waste time trying to fight my allies the demons any more. Peer pressure? How many times have Christians tried to entice me to go to church, only to have me realizing that in lieu of solving my problems, the filthy angels wanted me in a monastery or in Nigeria? That didn't work.

As for myself, worship to Satan is actually working with yourself, not fighting against it. You work to build your soul up, not guard it against enemies that are really your friends. You don't feel guilty about sex, including those of you who are homosexual (no homophobia here). The only sin is stupidity--the kind of stupidity that prevents you from realizing that you might be making a mistake and doing something about it. No stress of going in field circus, no stress of having boasting sessions all the time, no stress of donating more to the organization, no nothing.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Thank you for posting these. It just goes to show how out of touch and what fantasy land these folks are really in.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

David Splane is the best inducement to leave he should give more talks.

Believe it or not, they LOVE him. Ask any bethelite to name their top 3 morning worship conductors, and you will almost get him in that list. They have a phrase when he does conduct: He ex-Splaned it.

He gave a talk at the 2008 Annual Meeting breaking down Matt 24:45-47. That was the talking point for a few weeks after the program. It was extremely convincing and well argued (for me at the time).

Also, when many rumor's abounded about pioneer hours dropping to fifty hours a month etc, there was a morning text focused on 1 John 4:1. It was so true and good, later I decided to leave the org. LOL. Maybe he should have toned it down. But for most, it strengthened their stance in the org. I will have to start a thread on that one.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

That talk is a rehash form a talk that I herd years ago in Spanish. I had it recorded on cd and the tittle in Spanish is "Cual es su Goliat"(what is your goliath) por José Gadea. You can view it on this web, but it is in Spanish.http://esperanzaparaunmundosinfronteras.blogspot.com/2009/06/cual-es-su-goliat.html . They don't have anything new, so they recycle the best they have.

• sir82
    sir82

I love how guys who have every material need covered through no effort of their own, who live in posh apartments in million-dollar real estate in Brooklyn Heights, who travel first class to exotic locales and stay in exclusive hotels, who are the recipients of lavish gifts from wealthy JWs, tell the peons to "lower their standards" and "don't expect so much".

Oh, and then tell them to stop feeling so sorry for themselves (purge those negative thoughts! You're not praying enough!).

I can see it now, the theme of the next district convention:

"Stop making yourself feel bad - that's our job!"

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

I must say, he is a good speaker. There is something about the American lilt that appeals in talks. Fellow New Zealanders will no doubt remember Mike Kramer. He is an American brother with background in opera. Man his talks could blow the roof off any hall!

@sir82: As mentioned earlier in the thread, this kind of things annoys me too. The 'important people' in the ivory towers forget what like is like for the plebs squeezing out a living. There is a brother in our neighbouring congregation who has loads of money, his own successful business, a couple of homes. So much so that he has now retired early and is pioneering. Now he gives talks about what a struggle it is in this system and how we all need to do more...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit