Recently heard rumor, can anyone substantiate?

by baltar447 19 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

So a friend of mine said that one of their family members told them the following:

... was telling me last monday that entire congos were being dissovled due to individualized thinking.

Now, I haven't heard anything specific, and if there were widespread rumors I'm fairly confident we would hear them here. But has anyone heard anything like this recently?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

You mean some people actually dared tp think for themelves?

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Only once have I heard of this, in Colorado back in the 1950-60 time frame, only once.

• wannaexit
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

I wonder if that is just the spin they are using to justify closing congo's.

One hall I went to was in a poor area of town but they had a nice KH. The RBC came thru with their remodeling scam and the congo's couldnt afford it so they disolved BOTH congo's. another friend of mine said this happened to his old hall.

Since they are finding it hard to keep up the remodeling scam they are just shutting down these hall's and maybe this is the spin they are using to justify it.

• 00DAD
  • Gayle
    Gayle

I am totally out of the loop,,that's part of why I come on JWN. However, the WTS must it think it's possible as Gilead school was ended for 'missionaries,' but have replaced it as a school for 'trouble-shooter' elders for troubled congregations. Must be a reason?

• LV101
    LV101

I don't know but it sure sounds good!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Excellent, i love these rumors and i love them even more when they come true.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit