Lyman Swingle at the Bethel Breakfast table - What fun!

by Dogpatch 32 Replies latest jw friends

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

{Its a bit of a surprise that they, the hierarchy, should think it beneficial to show to the modern day rank and file the JWs from several decades ago zealously preparing to go round telling everyone the end is just a few months away, maybe just two or three years away, certainly no more than that.}

Exact! I think that underline paradox makes the place alarm something must be very wrong. When I was a true believer, sometimes I'd that feeling and it was triggered by several things/situations we experience inside the Tower. At that time I could not know what was wrong, but there was something.

Strangely I still feel a kind of that feeling but way more subtle, I think that's the primal engine of our minds. That's what make us always desire to go on and see what lies beyond the road curve, it's a feeling of pure untouchable mystery. Sadly that feeling it's used by religions to mislead in thinking it's a kind of God or something external to us. It's not external just a sense that's shared by everyone in a way or another.

The best definition I ever heard about that, it's the concept of void from buddhism, the Sunyata. I think the concept of void/nihil/emptyness it's the closely we can get from it. An effing mysterious pregnant void that gave birth to all the things, like the scientific concept of quantum fluctuation.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Check out my Armageddon Museum!

Http://www.ArmageddonMuseum.com

Sooner 7 asks:

Randy,

Was there ever an occasion were one of the bethel boys just couldn't take it anymore and walked out? Could you even have walked out or would you be herded back to your seat? I can't imagine sitting through that kind of bullshit for very long at all but then again maybe I could. Damn this fruity cult.

If you work in the factory doing intense fast, heavbyweight lifting all day, you can't even work without breakfast, so you have to unless you have outside money. :-)) It would be 100 degrees outside and 95% humidity, and inside the pressroom it would be 110 degrees. Too cheap for air conditioning back then.

Randy

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea definatley not the cult for me. I have a low BS tolerance and it was like peeling off my own skin sometimes when I was in. I couldn't deal with that kind of bullshit working conditions for more than a minute

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit