What is the Gospel of JW's in a Nutshell?

by Perry 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

IO- it is odd, JWs claiming Russell as one of their own with the different views between the Bible Students and JWs is well just odd.

Sort of like Presbyterians claiming Pentecostals as their prediscessors.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The WBTS does an awesome job of redacting, depleting or truncating the gospel by removing all but one of its ±30 key ingredients.

They start with the gospel and remove the "gospel about Jesus" leaving only the "gospel about the Kingdom".

Then they truncate this down to the "message of restoration".

Then they truncate down to the FUTURE restoration of PHYSICAL paradise on THIS earth. Not that this won't happen, but where are all the missing ingredients!?

Jesus' birth, death, burial, resurrection, ascension, and appointment as king and high priest at Pentecost 30AD?

Salvation, deliverance/liberation, reconciliation/atonement?

IMPUTED righteousness, holiness, sonship, perfection, sinlessness?

Jesus' roles in the life of a believer: older brother, saviour, lord (owner, master), deliverer/liberator, reconciler/atoner, restorer, king, high-priest, mediator?

No wonder the blank, deer-in-the-headlights, cognitive dissonance look when you ask a Watchtower religionist to explain the gospel according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah, or Psalms! More than half the Bible's ±152 references to the "good news" are by Paul! Never once does Paul refer to the "good news" and "kingdom" in the same sentence!! And of course Paul simply never makes a meal out of peripheral doctrine such as the trinity, hellfire, immortality of the soul. Paul also never promoted self-righteousness, legalism, moralism, ethnocentrism or Gnosticism!

A very important oddity to note is that almost all the fragments of the gospel can be found in the Watchtower library. However the full gospel just is not in the hearts or on the lips of Watchtower followers.

Paul was the near-death of the RCC in 1517 via Martin Luther.

Many have left the Watchtower for Jesus after grasping Paul's message. Most notably Ray Franz who had reached the very top as a promoter of the Watchtower's deeply subversive and flawed message and ideology.

Paul will eventually be the death of all religion, hopefully starting with the Watchtower.

• Terry
    Terry

Actual "preaching" content has been all over the map by JW's.

Depending on who the president of the Watchtower was at the time all sorts of crackpot articles, beliefs, oddities, absurdity and practices have come and gone in the door to door work.

This is called "preaching" but it is little more than opinions of men puffed up into self-important scolding and false warnings.

No better example of lame preaching can be demonstrated than the years of beating the drum from 1968 through 1975 publicizing a NON-EVENT

that ended without so much as a comment after all the razzle-dazzle and hoopla.

1975 is the billboard for the JW Gospel.

"Get people excited and leave them wondering."

• designs
    designs

God's universal soverignty (God needs to be convinced he is God) Armageddon, Paradise, Tree of Life after 1000 years.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Wow! Geee ... it is the Good News or GOSPEL exactly as found in the Bible ...

1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 15:1 Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand, 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 15:3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received— that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, 15:5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve ...

You know, when I read how they have distorted the True Christian Gospel I can't help but getting mad ...

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

In a nutshell:

Don't join/remain and worship our way and it's extra crispy for you

Or

Worship our way and get on the everlasting servitude express way

• Nambo
    Nambo

"Worship us, or die!"

Or

"We are the Messiah"

• factfinder
    factfinder

Obey the GB or they will instruct Jehovah to kill you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit