Why do JWs take 10 pages to answer a simple question?

by biometrics 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If diversion doesn't work then they haul out the big guns and ask the loaded "do you believe in the borganization" question, this is the most effective way to shut you the hell up.

Just say, Yes, of course I do, but I still want an answer to this question? Is there a sensible one, or not? Where is it? How long do you want? Will Saturday do? I'll see you in the bleachers! Bring a Bible!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's to distract you. The point of the question gets lost with a response that's too long and drawn out.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    "Even if some things aren't quite correct, where else can we go."

That's a standard response, isn't it? After I stopped going, one sister came to see me. She really liked me. She really missed me. I had shown such zeal, Naively, I began to expolain some of my misgivings. She said words to the effect that sometimes she wondered about things but then she pulled herself together. "But what else is there? Where else can we go, because this is the truth, isn't it?"

I don't remember exactly what I said, but it was something bland, I think, about my perspective changing.

That was the last I saw of her. Because, after all, where else could she go? She couldn't leave her safe place under Jehovah's umbrella, could she?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit