Holidays

by Flat_Accent 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Now it's been a good 8 months since I told my parents I no longer considered myself a JW. Things have settled down to an extent but the hurt is still there - they think I'm going to die and as such are overly concerned for my safety.

In November I met a gal online and we've kept contact. A few months ago we decided I would come to visit her for a week. I went to my Mum first to let her know where I was going and when. She seemed fine with things at first but as the day has drawn closer she's been having a go. This is the first holiday I've been on since 1994 (not that I can remember any of it), and it's really dampening my mood! I finally told my dad, and I could tell he was forcing himself to stay calm. He didn't forget to tell me that I didn't really know this person, they could be a drug dealer, or a psycho, or some kind of criminal and going away on your own is very dangerous, I had a friend once that had his laptop stolen...

I understand parents get worried about their kids going away, but this is hardly a unique experience. I remember in highschool, some of my friends left for Boston and others went to Austria. They were 15 at the time. I'm 20 this month, and I feel like im being kept on the leash a little here.

Were your parents uptight about you going on holiday?

Anyway, this shall be my last post for a while - I'm actually leaving today (on a tuesday of all days!! You'll miss the Theocratic Ministry School and everything!) and getting back sunday night (AND the Watchtower. Goodness me).

Have a good week folks.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Have a great time!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Have fun!!

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Have fun and be safe!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They could be a drug dealer--true, but not very likely. But, at the Kingdumb Hell, there is a pretty good chance of running into a pedophile that wishes only to ruin children's lives. Talk about psychos.

And I would rather go with a drug dealer than one of those idiots that wants to brainwash your children into thinking everything fun is wrong, scaring them about Satan and his demons always out to attack them, and coercing them to get baptized at age 6. At least the drug dealer isn't out to ruin lives and scare them about beings that are actually trying to be our friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit