The NEW New World Translation. Suggestions please.

by Andrew Sh 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Luke 23:43

"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." (KJV)

"And he said to him: Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise." (NWT)

"And Jesus said to him: Verily, I am going to make a BIG effort to tell you the truth today, because, you remember what I said yesterday? Well, Sweet Guns of Armageddon, I was just teasing about that: anyway, never mind, listen now: One day, after Armageddon..... (New NWT)

different options:-

"you" or

"your body, but not actually the real YOU of course, but inhabited by someone who looks like you" (New NWT)

Different options:-

"will be with me in Paradise." (New NWT)

"will be not such a very long way away from me, because I will be in Heaven while you (or option B above) will be in the Paradise earth." (New NWT).

optional extra:-

"I mean, you've lived as a murdering thief, right? You've put no literature through post boxes, so you cannot expect to come to Heaven with the Special Ones, now can you?" (optional extra in the New NWT).

As you can see, the committee is struggling with how to get God's Truth across as clearly as possible for this verse. Perhaps we should write to the Writing Department at Brooklyn for further guidance. They know how to "tweak" things.

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Further optional extra:-

"What's more, not only have you bin a murdering thief, and you've done no door knocking whatsoever and actually nothing for the Kingdom, but, and I hesitate to say this, but what's worse, much worse, even than having been a murdering thief... you smell I mean terrible, and you look a mess, your clothes are a mess, you've got no tie, your hair is a mess, and, I can hardly bear to say it... but... you've got a beard, yes you have, you've got a beard, a horrible, horrible, scraggy growth on your dirty chin. So forget Heaven. I'm doin' ya a big, big favour just to let you into the paradise earth."

• Fernando
    Fernando

Matthew 23:15

Old light - “Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte [by teaching them religion instead of the gospel], and when he becomes one [a follower of a religious organisation] YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen′na twice as much so as yourselves."

New light - Blessed are the religious ruling clergy class for spreading the Watchtower religion of legalism, moralism and ethnocentrism so that we the Governing Body can have and control more power, authority, glory and followers than that fellow Jesus who it seems is no longer coming.

• mP
    mP

mourinho is special, he guided porto to victory a few years back in the champions league, quite an achievement against much bigger, richer more talented clubs.

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

MP, I don't doubt his managerial skills, but he's also brilliant at gouging the eyes of opposing managerial team members:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJS_RceEgk8

(I expect this will not help his credentials for being considered one of the Special Ones in the (New NWT) JW doctrinal sense of the phrase.)

John 3:3

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (KJV)

"In answer Jesus said to him: Most truly I say to you, Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (NWT)

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Unless anyone is born again he will not see the kingdom of Heaven.(* See Footnote)" (New NWT)

(Note, the editorial committee have seen the need to change the tense from "he cannot see" (ie he cannot see the Kingdom of God here and now, while he is alive, he cannot see it right now) to "he will not see" in the future. This better fits with the Truth.

(* - New NWT Footnote: To see the Kingdom of Heaven you must be born again, but to spend eternity on the Paradise Earth it is, of course, entirely unnecessary. For this you need not be born again.)

John 3:7

"Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again" (KJV)

"Do not marvel because I told you, YOU people must be born again" (NWT)

"Do not marvel because I told you, the best thing would be to be born again.( +See Footnote) (New NWT)

(+ - New NWT Footnote: This is the same idea as in verse 3. To see Heaven in the future you must be born again, but to be pleasing to God and spend eternity on Paradise Earth you needn't be born again at all. A proper understanding of what Jesus was saying clearly helps you to see that Jesus was most certainly not teaching that you must be born again. He might have said that, but that's not what he meant.)

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Luke 9:49-50

And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us. (KJV)

In response John said: “Instructor, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he is not following with us.” But Jesus said to him: “Do not YOU men try to prevent [him], for he that is not against YOU is for YOU .” (NWT)

In response John said: "Instructor, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he is not following with us." And Jesus said to him: "Too right! If he is not an authorised Witness of Jehovah then you should inform the Governing Body and they will stop him." (New NWT).

OR

In response John said: "Instructor, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he is not a member of our Kingdom Hall." And Jesus said unto him: "Do not YOU men try to prevent [him], for he that is not against YOU is for YOU. (New NWT).

Committee have not yet decided on this, but the first option is preferred, but perhaps a bit too brave.

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Galatians 3:26-29

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptised into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." (KJV)

" Y OU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. For all of YOU who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus." (NWT)

"YOU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. For all of YOU who were baptised into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman (* - See footnote), there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus." (New NWT)

(* Footnote - Note this obviously does not include the faithful and discreeet slave class, else this verse would not agree with other passages of Scripture.)

The committee have decided to leave this verse just as it was because it will help add to the confusion of the rank and file to leave certain things in. Then they will just realize they cannot understand the Bible without the help of the "faithful and discreet slave class".

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Matthew 28:19

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (KJV)

"Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit" (NWT)

"Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the names of the Father and of the Son and of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society with holy spirit.(* See Footnote)" (New NWT)

(* Footnote - It is clear that from the passage that not all baptisms are going to be equally acceptable. The teaching must be the teaching given by Jehovah God. Since the Watchtower Bioble and Tract Society is the only channel of Jehovah's Truth it is right that we can now add this name to the names given. The Watchtower society did not exist in that name in the days of the New Testament, so obviously could not be included then. From the context, however, it is not only reasonable but required that this additional name be added to the list to remain in harmony with the original intent.)

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Matthew 28:20 second part.

"And lo I am with you alway, even to the end of the world. Amen." (KJV)

"And look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." (NWT)

"And look! I am with YOU all the days, after 1914, until the end of this world. Amen." (New NWT)

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Acts 8:36-38

36: And as they went on their way they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptised?

37: And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38: And he commanded the chariot to stand still; and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. (KJV)

36: Now as they were going over the road, they came to a certain body of water, and the eunuch said: "Look! A body of water; what prevents me from getting baptized?"

37: -

38: With that he commanded the chariot to halt, and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. (NWT)

36: Now as they were down the road, they came to a certain body of water, and the eunuch said: "Look! A body of water; what prevents me from getting baptized?

37: And Philip said, Ok, but I've got some literature for you to read first, which will take you at least a month, then I have about eighty questions to ask you, and you must get them all correct, and after that, you need to get baptized at a big convention.

38: With that he commanded the chariot to halt, and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he showed him how a person gets baptized (* so he knew for when the time came what would happen) (+ See footnote). (New NWT)

(+ Footnote: We believe Philip must have asked him some questions before he was willing to even consider baptizing him. That is only sensible and common sense.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit