Anybody else noticed this?

by Godsendconspirator 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

1 John 4:8 ~ "...God is love." Self explanitory.

1 Corinthians 13:4 ~ "...love is not jealous..." so since God is love, that would mean he is not jealous as well, right?...

Exodus 34:14 ~ "because Jehovah, whose name is Jealous, he is a jealous God"

Deuteronomy 4:24 ~ "For Jehovah your God is a consuming fire, a God exacting exclusive devotion" The reference bible says it can also be “a God who is jealous (zealous); a God not tolerating rivalry."

Zechariah 1:14 ~ "This is what Jehovah of armies has said: “I have been jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with great jealousy." Zecharaiah 8:2 ~ "“This is what Jehovah of armies has said, ‘I will be jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and with great rage I will be jealous for her.’"

Just wondering if anybody else caught this?
  • MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Jealousy can be good or bad. Jealous for your husband/wife is different than jealousy of your husband/wife.

• N.drew
    N.drew

That's right MC RubberMallet.

God is jealous for God's will be done which is all humankind saved and enlightened.

I understand that is the ONLY thing God is jealous for.

• steve2
    steve2
    Jealous for your husband/wife is different than jealousy of your husband/wife.

Very good point MC Rubbermallet!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Deuteronomy 4:24 ~ "For Jehovah your God is a consuming fire, a God exacting exclusive devotion" The reference bible says it can also be “a God who is jealous (zealous); a God not tolerating rivalry."

Yes, this is the jealous god of Watchtower that will not tolerate childrens' birthday parties, Mothers' Day, and insists that funerals must only allow 2-3 minutes to talk about the deceased, followed by a 30 minute infomercial for Watchtower.

• why144000
    why144000

2 different Gods. Old Testament God was a bit of a bastard. Maybe he sold mankind to God 2 (the ransom sacrifice) who loves the world and thought God 1 did not give them a fair go.

Or else it is all a pile of crap!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Anybody else noticed this?"

Ah, yeah...

Along with Genesis 1: 1-20, wherein "god" created day and night on the "first" day, created all the plants living on earth on the "third" day, but finally got around to creating the sun and moon and stars on the "fourth" day...

And Exodus 19: 16-19, where neither "god" NOR the Israelites recognised what an erupting volcano was....

And I could go on and on, but I just don't have the time right now. You might want to look up "The Atheist's Bible" on here - it has more examples of biblical inaccuracies.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Is there a Christian missionary who could help laughing if in any heathen country he had seen the following command of God carried out?

"And thou shalt take the other ram; and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the ram. Then shalt thou kill the ram and take of his blood and put it upon the tip of the right ear of Aaron, and upon the tip of the right ear of his sons, and upon the thumb of their right hand, and upon the great toe of their right foot. [Ex. xxix, 19, 20.]

Does one have to be born again to appreciate the beauty and solemnity of such a performance? Is not the faith of the most zealous Christian somewhat shaken while reading the recipes for cooking mutton, veal, beef, birds, and unleavened dough, found in the cook book that God made for Aaron and his sons?...Robert Ingersoll

I am loving this guys writing at the moment...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Hey man, God had a kid and it really changed him.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Awesome. I never caught on to that. Thanks for pointing it out. Proof in the Bible that Jehovah does not exist. since God is love, and God is jealous, making God NOT Love, Therefore God does not exist according to the Bible. Pretty cool. I'm glad I don't base my beliefs on the Bible. This is no problem for me, but it is a huge problem for believers in the Bible and believers in Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit