Man Can't Rule Himself

by falseprophet 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

I've heard it said from the platform that "Man Can't Rule Himself".

Satan challenged God's authority and God left man to rule himself.

Unfortunately, God changed the rules and man now dies. So each generation or two* needs a new ruler with new rules.

It seems that either man dies or God is ruler in the mind of a JW. This isn't true - mathematically this creates four scenarios:

1. Man dies, God is not ruler (Today)
    2. Man lives forever, God is ruler (Paradise, JW style)
    3. Man dies, God is ruler (Oh dear, why?!)
    4. Man lives forever, God is not ruler ( Hello - can't we try this one ?)

===

* Two generation are now one generation. (c) WTB$ 2011

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

So under rule #4 can I bury you 500 feet under the ground knowing that you will not die but make you suffer for eternity? Hmm.... that might be fun.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, man can't rule himself, it takes a woman to do that.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

It's another case of primitive black and white thinking in a multi-dimentional scenario.

Black and White:

• Humans rules successfully
    • God rules successfully

In reality, there are a lot of variables governing the success of man beyond just rulership.

• Humans rule and immediately fail.
    • Humans rule for a time then fail.
    • Humans rule successfully, but an difficult to survive natural occurance kills him (say, a giant solar flare or meteor impact)
    • Humans rule about the amount of time you would expect him to be able to, comparitive to the typical coming and going of species on this planet.
    • Humans rule successfully, and overcomes difficult to survive natural occurances through technology.
    • Humans escapes planet earth to propagate on multiple planets, creating multiple redundent civilizations that can survive localized disasters.
    • Humans escape fragile biological exsistance into a more robust virtual existance. Rulership becomes less relevant in an environment where pain, death, sickness, and possibly even wealth are all irrelevant.

Likewise, there are shades for god's rulership:

• God rules, and he immediately fails.
    • God rules successfully for a time, then fails.
    • God rules successfully for about the time you'd expect, then gets bored with and accesses the 'Natural Disasters" menu for a little fun.
    • God rules successfully, but his personality is that of a heartless dictator that believes in 'my way or die'. You live forever, but you are miserable.
    • God rules successfully forever, and everyone is happy - especially the ponies and butterflies! God never tires of micro-managing the Earth.

Etc.

Voting for 'invisible gods' is like like folding a pair of 2's at a poker table where you are the only player. "But... there might be an invisible player that might have a better hand!"

- Lime

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

@FaithfulBrother: I am not saying there are flaws in the plan. I am simply showing that JW's often think in black and white (2 scenarios) when there may be more. I just hope you wouldn't really bury me! And if you did, you'd end up in prison until I was found!

@blondie: I was referring to 'Man' since that is the word used from the 'old platform'. This word can mean "the species" and I'm sure you'll be glad to know that means women too!

• blondie
    blondie

falseprophet, and I thought I had no sense of humor (wink)

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

What about the scenario of the earth being a testing ground for humans and if certain humans pass the test they get to rule over other humans? I doubt I'd pass the test because if I was allowed the chance to spy on humans I'd probably begin my quest of observation in a college locker room for girls' sports.

• steve2
    steve2

Well even the JWs would agree that man's rulership is under satanic influence - so in what way can they claim that he is ruling himself?

Take away satanic lnfluence, and maybe man can rule himself!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Has Satan really been given a chance to rule, or has Jehovah and his filthy angels interfered every time they tried? Nimrod--I would rather have him as ruler than Jehovah. Nimrod created, and Jehovah destroyed.

Even now, we see Jehovah destroying proof that man is successful in ruling himself in lands where Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, and/or Islam were not polluting religion. Everywhere these three parasites go, they destroy all proof that people are successful in ruling themselves without a lot of stupid rules. And, with this proof gone, they can then go around and set up oppressive rules (The Law of St Benedict, the Talmud, and the Sharia Law) to "prove" that mankind is not able to rule himself. And, all with Jehovah's backing.

And, what about religions that go into Africa, kidnap people that are minding their own businesses in a region where conditions are optimized for them, and sell them as slaves? Forced racial integration, usually with one group disadvantaged, results. The dislocated people, even when free from slavery, are disadvantaged. The climate is all wrong for them (in the case of blacks, they don't get enough sun, they are always cold, and always get diabetes, heart disease, and cancer from not enough vitamin D). Their culture is ruined. Their religions, which worked for millennia, are destroyed. And the governments in their original homeland get corrupted (as Nigeria is today) by Judeo-Christian rulers. Then they claim that they cannot rule themselves or that their cultures (which worked perfectly before these religious scum interfered) are rubbish.

Man can, in truth, rule himself. Satan and the demons do not interfere--that is Jehovah and his filthy angels. Rather, the demons (actually, the gods that man used to worship) teach people how to live to the full. Anyone else realize that man only uses 10% or less of the brain? Or that, despite lack of technology and science, that primitive man seems to have had so much power until these religious scumbags ruined it all?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

One of the greatest scams and power plays of religion, and especially Christianity, is man can't rule himself so we should let religion do it. Oh how convenient that they usurp, I mean hold down the fort, and take over god's responsibilities until he comes to hapify our puny existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit