A question about a birthday party for my daughter.

by garyneal 10 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

I was wondering if anybody might know of a good place to have a birthday party for a 6 year old? I reserved a shelter at a nature park with a playground but the ten day forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms in the area. I was thinking of trying a restaurant as a backup, maybe McDonald's. Whereever it is, I was it to be as cheap as possible. Any suggestions?

• mummatron
    mummatron

For my kids' birthdays we tend to to organise meet-ups at a soft-play centre with some of our friends and their kids, then after a couple of hours play we head back home for tea & birthday cake. It's a lot cheaper than hiring a party room at a softplay centre and the food is better!

• blondie
    blondie

I would google "best places for child's birthday party" "your area" and see what pops up.

• Ding
    Ding

Chuck E. Cheese

• garyneal
    garyneal

There is a golf in games place my daughter likes. It may be suitable. I did the Google search (thanks). What is a soft play centre?

• garyneal
    garyneal

Ding, I did that two years ago but it may be another backup. Not official party though but more a meet up.

• mummatron
    mummatron

Is 'softplay' an exclusively British term I was unaware of? Didn't realise...

They're those indoor playgrounds that are usually set up in a warehouse-sized building with ball-pits, slides and padded & netted climbing structures that are several storeys high. The kind of place you can just let 'em run around and be free.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Darn, that would be perfect, mummatron. I am not sure if we even have one of those around here.

• Diest
    Diest

Gary we have them in the US one in my area called Monkey Business. Just google indoor play centers or indoor playgrounds.

• Ding
    Ding

If you tell the Chuck E.'s people it's a birthday party, they'll help you plan it out, have Chuck E. stop by the tables, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit