In search of a better word...

by okage 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

What do you call your brother-inlaw? Someone who doesn't know how to have any fun.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah you do have a lot of inactive ones who still believe in jehovah and the watchtower per say, but they just dont like the congregation and the people in the congo's etc. I'm dealing with that with a girl that I grew up with at the hall that I just recently reconnected with.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I left one of the first things I did was examine the doctrines in the light of what the Bible actually says, and all unique JW doctrines FAIL !

Get your B.I.L to do the same with the aid of the excellent JWfacts, it is not much work, Paul has done it all for us on that site.

Later I examined whether the Bible was the "word of God", and it failed too, but that sort of move would be up to him. It is ridiculous to be out of the Borg but not free of their erroneous teachings.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is there a special term for this kind of person? An apostate who believes the Watchtower is right?!

The Watchtower was never right just like all the other religions. (an agreed to set of lies to create a semblance of self empowerment for men)

Your BIL is an ignorant hypocrite and quite honestly nothing else.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The Watchtower does a very good job of debunking every other religon out there. When you lose faith in the Witnesses but not in God, then I bet that you end up with people like your brother. He still wants to believe, but can't follow the hypocracy.

Chances are, if he doesn't fill the hole with something else, he'll end up going back at some point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit