Losing the battle

by irondork 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Hi Irondork, Resentment and anger can eat us up. Over the years, for one thing or another I've allowed it, too. Being angry has its place and can do us good - for a while. It took me a long time to realise that over the longer term it's wasted energy.

Try to remember - you are the free one - you can rise above their petty, childish games. They're spiritual retards in mental and emotional chains, being told what they can do, what they can't do - and what they must do. It took me a long time before I came to feel sorry for them.

Time to move on in your life and do the things you love to do, and meet new, better friends.

Best wishes from Flossycat.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Irondork - I felt the same way. Rejected by all my family that was in. Rejected by all my "very good friends". I was left very much alone and it hurt like shit. It left a huge hole in my heart......initially. That hurt morphed into bitterness and anger. I was angry that they accused me (my family "turned me in" for apostacy) that they left me - their blood.

After the years that disappeared. Now I don't have any feeling for them as in love or hate or anything. They have faded into strangers. I do not wish harm or hardship on a stranger. If anything arises - it's pity. They are still caught in a web and don't know that the spider is feeding off them.

I am free to do what I want, when I want, how I want. I mess up, I swear, I shake my fist at the heavens and I don't feel guilty. I am free to do that - at the end that weighs out everything.

• irondork
    irondork

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. Much of the counsel and suggestions fall under common sense - a part of the brain not easily accessible when the reality of the situation is closing in on you.

I have started making other friends, actually, and I enjoy activities with them. I just miss the familiar sometimes.

Thanks again!

• scotoma
    scotoma

You have been kicked out of an imaginary world.

You are now on the most important chapter of the heroes saga.

You will be able to rescue your family when their imaginary world finally crumbles, as it surely will.

Use this freedom to prepare yourself for that time.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Scotoma,

Good advice, short and sweet (I will use it too)

Love the ideas and the support you all are giving Irondork and me! (Similar things happing in the USA)

Keep it going ya'll!

DG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit