It's the little things...

by MrFreeze 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I remember when friends would say something like "You wouldn't want to lose out on everlasting life over something so small, would you?" This would usually be said to you when you were doing some little thing you weren't supposed to be doing as a JW... like watching an R-rated movie... having a beard. I'm sure we've all heard it.

The thing that I've realized is that it works both ways. Are you meaning to tell me that God would do away with me forever for something so small? JW's never look at it that way. I guess because Jehovah can do no wrong? They always tell us not to be stumbled over little things. Why does God get stumbled over little things then?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Right! I have thought the same thing. I can live forever if I _____ (fill in the blank) and if I don't ______. Why would anyone want to live like that? And forever?

When my conscious has had a twinge I would tell it "if God is so hard to please, I really don't care what God thinks".

• james_woods
    james_woods

Why would anyone want to live like that? And forever?
    When my conscious has had a twinge I would tell it "if God is so hard to please, I really don't care what God thinks".

Very profound.

Living under Watchtower Law for an eternity would literally be worse than burning hellfire.

I think there may be the seeds of a new thread here.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I've thought that way too N.Drew. Why would I want to serve a God who is going to kill kids because they celebrate Christmas?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Plus,a lot of the little things that are considered sinful are just made-up rules of the Watchtower. In earlier times,it was customary for men to have beards,nowadays,it's a sin? Why did God create men to have facial hair then?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The "little things" are the stick that's used to push u in the direction they prefer.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I agree....the blanket is always pulled in the same direction. My wife put on our fridge a message found in a fortune cookie that said: Do not let anyone stop you from doing what you believe is right. She was trying to let me know that I shouldn't attempt to pull her away from the "truth". When I saw the message I thanked her for no longer trying to stop me from doing what I believe is right (leaving the JWs)...you should have seen her face! A few days later the message disapeared...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Haha NVR, bet she didn't expect it to backfire like that.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wasn`t their a song in the 50`s ? "Little things mean a lot ...." sorry guys just reminiscing

and I agree with james_woods here ,spot on

smiddy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's the little things that keep you spiritually imprisoned. No watching "bad" movies or listening to "bad" songs. No masturbation. No playing something that is a little competitive. Is that any way to get your sacral or solar chakras opened?

And materialism. The witlesses are against anyone having material security. You can't express feelings, feel intuition, or have genuine compassion for anyone without being expected to feel the exact same toward everyone. All this works against spirituality, yet they constitute these "little things". And they threaten that you can lose your life for something like masturbation, not feeling compassion for everyone without qualification, insight and intuition, materialism, or getting pxxxed off when it is warranted. Yet, they expect you to do some 200 hours of field circus a month from age 6 to death, no matter what obstacles come along, knowing that it could all be lost by masturbating.

Is this a safe place to store your "treasures"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit