Tomorrow's Watchtower Study: Steve hits Selma in North America... not South America

by Alfred 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

very interesting find. I wish I had the cojones to call the writing dept about this and ask point blank why is there a discrepancy.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I guess the GB thinks it is fair that english speaking sisters should have to put up with physical violence from their husbands while showing love in return.....but spanish speaking sisters should only have to endure a verbal outburst.

I agree....the unity is so happifying!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow I'm glad I saw this. My wife is at the meeting today at the Spanish hall and I was going to ask her about the article. That would have backfired

• Alfred
    Alfred

wha happened...

it probably wouldn't backfire as much if you show her the English Version...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Thanks Alfred. It seems obvious to me that vigilantes on the translation teams for these languages took it upon themselves to 'tone it down'.

Exactly.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Wha...showing her the two different version may cause her to doubt that the story is true...did he hit her or was he only furious...which one is it? It can only be one or the other.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Wha...showing her the two different version may cause her to doubt that the story is true...did he hit her or was he only furious...which one is it? It can only be one or the other.

• NVR2L8
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

actually that's my new plan. I'm printing out the article in English and asking why the spanish publishers have higher standards for their marraiges. Apparently yelling is about as severe as it gets in the spanish congregation. English publishers have to endure getting their ass kicked. As a Mexican, I know my culture, and spousal abuse is an issue. I think the WT was afraid that it would give husbands the green light to smack their wives around

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Wha...the way I am going to bring this up with my wife is that 5 years ago we had a brother live with us for a year because his (bipolar) wife kicked him out of their home because he was abusive...the elders sided with her and gave us a hard time for having him under our roof. When they went to court she had to admit he never touched her and that the "abuse" was verbal...still she could not even recall anything in particular! According to the WT "new light" she should have stayed with her husband even if he smacked her around...this couple was married 15 years...2 years short of the exemple in the article...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit