The very WORST and BEST places to find out what the Bible REALLY teaches?

by Fernando 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

WORST - Religion/ists (Pharisees, Sanhedrin/GB, ruling religious clergy class)

BEST - direct from the source (our heavenly father, his son, the holy spirit, John 14:26; 15:26; 16:13; 1 John 2:27) by pursuing their full and counterintuitive "unabridged gospel" message to all humans (Rom 10:16,17; Isa 61:1; John 8:36).

NEXT BEST - spiritually strong persons of faith (Acts 8:12,26-40, especially verse 35)

Your thoughts, suggestions, websites, videos, constructive criticism, quotes - anyone?

• Fernando
    Fernando

A useful investigative FRAMEWORK:

The Bible's central message or theme is the legal "custody battle" between the "god of religion" (our evil step-father) and the "god of Abraham" (our heavenly father) over us their children.

This battle is fought by means of two opposing messages.

One is the "good news" the other is "religion".

The "good news" advocates IMPUTED righteousness and IMPUTED eternal life, as FREE GIFTS (Rom 3:23,24).

Religion surreptitiously promotes MERITS righteousness and EARNED, DESERVED or PAID for salvation.

This is why so many in the religious system feel unworthy and in all honesty in fear of God and all the unattainable (and sometimes absurd) rules they are taught he demands we attain.

The Bible refers to the "good news" or "gospel" around 152 times (not just once as in Matt 24:14).

• designs
    designs

'The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible' Mark Twain

• Fernando
    Fernando

“I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” Mahatma Gandhi

• anezthy
    anezthy

I would really like to love Christ if I could find any historial evidence for him. Sorry Jesus..... The Good News was really bad with P&R. Just Say'n

• jgnat
    jgnat

BEST - in context, from source. Brush up on your Aramaic.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey anezthy!

I hear ya, I believe.

Personally I have found what for me is overwhelming metaphysical evidence for Jesus in the 30-odd authenticity markers of the "unabridged gospel" message, map and medicine. These must be actively dangerous to religious ideology since religionists routinely remove, hide and obfuscate them.

When Martin Luther discovered the metaphysical "gospel of grace" nearly 500 years ago he was moved to set in motion events which partly liberated us from (the absolute hegemony of) religion and led to many new freedoms: expression, association, scientific and more.

Others like Dr John Dickson seem to have accumulated compelling and overwhelming physical or historical evidence: http://johndickson.org/christfiles .

The late lay archaeologist Dr Ron Wyatt (nurse anaesthetist) comes across as very plausible (to me at least) in his description of physical and metaphysical encounters with the Ark of the Covenant and Jesus' blood on it which he had tested in a lab with surprising results. His findings dovetail very well, across a vast space-time chasm, with other intimate details uncovered on my own journey.

However far more important than actual evidence is our personal (force) framework (context or worldview) we have chosen to accept in life, and through which we accept, interpret, pursue, ignore or reject all evidence. WBTS followers are a case in point although far from unique in this.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Genesis 1:26, works in both cases.

CP

• jgnat
    jgnat

You realize, Fernando, that psychics also depend on the spiritul force in their interpretations.

• James Brown
    James Brown

In my opinion the best place to find out what the bible really teaches is to read it cover to cover.

Anything else is a cop out in my opinion and your setting yourself up to blame someonelse

when you find out what it really says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit