"We miss you."

by dontplaceliterature 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"We miss you...." Mainly came from people who's names I could not remember, who NEVER invited me out for a coffee or to their home...I feel like yelling back "I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!!!!"

If they do...come over for a friggin beer.......oh right you just wanna associate at the Kingdum Hall.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

All you have to do, when they text or email that they miss you, is just text/email them back and say 'I miss you too. Not seen you around for a while. Let's make a date for coffee [or a drink, or lunch] and catch up. How does [such-a-date-and-time] work?' Those that really mean they miss you will arrange to meet up with you. Those that don't ... well, no great loss.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Call 'em on it. Next time you get a "We miss you text" respond with "I miss you too! Let's meet for coffee/get together for dinner/[FILL IN THE BLANK]"

If there's a shred of genuine concern they'll agree. If they say, "I meant I miss you AT MEETINGS" then you can call their BS bluff, "Oh so this isn't about ME, it's about MEETING ATTENDANCE. When you want to be real, I'll be here."

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

They don't miss YOU.

They miss your meat-ing attendance, time reports, work selling/placing litter-a-turd and money.

@00DAD: That's a good idea, but what if the person accepts and it's someone you want nothing to do with? (Full Body SHUDDER!)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DIL: Well I would only do this if it was someone that I might actually want to spend some time with, otherwise they might call MY bluff!!!

But remember the OP said,

Individually and with my family I have spent countless evenings mid-week and on the weekend, formal and informal with these people. I would accept an invitation to coffee, dinner, a bar, anything...and yet, none have come.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Good idea, 00DAD. But, really, I don't enjoy spending time with these people anymore. So, I doubt I will do such a thing. I usually leave the encounter more frustrated and angry. It's a reminder that people I care about can be so "dead" mentally, and that's tough to be confronted with on a regular basis.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Gotcha. That's one thing about this religion, it's sometimes really hard to put it in the rear-view mirror.

• sizemik
    sizemik

They're just people that you used to know . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit