weird questions people ask you at the KH?

by Truthexplorer 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    So I meet sister ott zealot. She says ah .... Its lovely to see you; how are you doing. I said yeah I'm fine thank you! She then asks 'and how's your spirituality'? I thought to myself eh? Why would anyone in their right mind ask such a question when only aquaintences. Weird is all I can say!!!!! TE
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Most dubs are weird.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

" Most dubs are weird".

I have to agree with you there William LOL!

• blondie
    blondie

I haven't had that question addressed to me except by an elder who thought I missed to many meetings.

Fine, and how's yours.

• zeb
    zeb

This means her gossip tank has run low so she is 'fishing'.

Enter a kh and get the same/similar but while they are taliking to you their eyes are scanning and the next thing is 'where is your wife?' (yapping in the car park)couples must always be seen together must avoid fornication... tsk tsk

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I recently was asked two of these. One of them thought he was funny....and he kind of was. Just not in the way he thought.

"How is the WORLD treating you". (supposed to make me think I suppose)

I said things are great. My business is growing, my boys are healthy, my wife and I are healthy, no debt, a few good friends that we are tight with like family, and we live in beautiful sunny San Diego. What could I possibly complain about right?

I am sure his head exploded.

My wife made the comment that you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. If we are doing terrible and life is rough, then its because we lack direction, gods spirit, and the protection of his org. If we are doing really well, Satan is somehow blessing us (does he do that?), and making it seem like everything is great out there.

Its hilarious to us now.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Enter a kh and get the same/similar but while they are taliking to you their eyes are scanning and the next thing is 'where is your wife?' (yapping in the car park)couples must always be seen together must avoid fornication... tsk tsk

------------------------------------

Maddening. But I had alot of fun with the responses.

• pearlsister
    pearlsister

Agree with William.. a lot of them are weird..

Too funny of the story problemaddict

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Agree with William.. a lot of them are weird..

I just think the cult attracts very dysfunctional, approval seeking type people.

• Stirred
    Stirred

I get an asset check up sometimes...."so, do you still own that house?" " where are you living now? Do you own or rent? How big? Is it a house, condo or trailer?" "Do you still own .....?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit