Yearbook 2011 bags this Site!!! Internet full of lies....but Faithful slave writters use UNIVERSITY libraries with 5 million books???

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yearbook 2011 p.9,10 "The Spiritual food like physical food needs to be well prepared....the Writting Department follows the pattern of "tracing all things with accuracy." {Since When?} While the Internet is a quick source of information, our researchers don't rely on Blogs or poorly documented Web entries {YOU GUYS} written by unidentified or unqualified persons. {OR EVERYONE ON THIS SITE!!} For example Wikipedia warns that some articles contain significant misinformation.....adding that users need to be aware of this....one of the large UNIVERSITY Libraries OUR researchers use have 5 million books..." {SAY WHAT NOW!!!}

Imagine all the Bethel Writting comitee hanging at University doing research!!! WTF!!!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    written by unidentified or unqualified persons.

Since when has the WTS identified its writers and/or their qualifications?

George

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought college was from the devil. But they can use the devil's data, because it's better than the devil's other data on websites? I find it funny that they are calling EVERYONE outside the WT unqualified. What's their qualifications?

Wikipedia must be giving them grief

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

They think they are "qualified" by the supreme God Jehovah......and "clearly" identified as "the Faithful and discreet slave.".... and I believed this junk in the 1990's? I wish I could still get a lobotomy.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

let's see.

University educated researcher. Holding doctorates in whatever field of research he focused on. Publishes his work. Highly respected by his contemporaries.

WT employee. Pioneered for 10 years, invited to Bethel. Made cheese for 10 years. Invited to assist the writing dept researching various topics. Took the GED to leave high school early. Articals are anonymous. No way of knowing the researcher is a tool with a library card.

Hmm, I dunno. I think the WT is clearly the better qualified

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Made Cheese for 10 years." .....thats funny cause it's true.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    For example Wikipedia warns that some articles contain significant misinformation

Only the WT would make that gem of a statement.

I love wikipedia, but they also have had 'misinformation', especially on the Jehovah's Witness site, as true blues rewrite history.

Pot, meet kettle.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

This is such a logical fallicy. 5 million books is no longer uncommon in college libraries. The small comunity college i attend has more than that in its database in pdf form, the whole book, not just exerpts. This is available to those who all who attend or get permission to use it. If their researchers are still looking through the card catalog then that explains a lot. This claim is born out the egocentrc nature of this organization.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

"...one of the large UNIVERSITY Libraries OUR researchers use have 5 million books...

Imagine all the Bethel Writting comitee hanging at University doing research!!!"

I thought the whole idea of becoming an NGO supporter of the United Nations was so they could 'hang out' at the U.N. library. I wonder why they didn't mention that; or have they forsaken it in exchange for the University libraries?

Either way, Watchtower seems to embrace the things it condemns.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

'..the Writing Department follows the pattern of "tracing all things with accuracy." '

Dear the Writing Department. You missed this one. Can you please fix it? Now you have 99,999 to go.

Reasoning Book p194 par.3 under 'Was the name Jehovah used by the inspired writers of the Christian Greek Scriptures?'

'In Journal of Biblical Literature, George Howard of the University of Georgia wrote: "We know for a fact that Greek-speaking Jews continued to write...'

Here you quoted the professor George Howard and his writing as your sole modern proof of your claim for your inserting name 'Jehovah' in the NT in your NWT. Your 'Reasoning Book was last revised in 1989. Now, look! What George Howard wrote in his letter to Mr. Rud Persson dated on July 8, 1988:

'Ps. Jehovah's Witnessess have too much out of my articles. Ido not support their theories. (bold and underline mine)'

You can find this letter in 'In Search of Christian Freedom' on page 726.

(Can anyone copy and paste these articles and post here?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit