little things that make you see the "truth" about this religion

by lostinthought 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

One of the things that used to bother me as a Jehovah's Witness was that you were taught to set yourself apart from others. Instead of being able to happy that someone was trying to do some good in the world, you were taught to dismiss their efforts as futile and judge them as not being as good as you because they were part of the world. It's an insidious thing, it affected you every day in a negative way.

Since I left I have had do many good memories, things I couldn't have enjoyed as a JW. When I lived in Colorado our town had a celebration every year to mark the lighting of the star that was on the rock that gave the town it's name (Castle Rock). It was the official start of the Christmas season, the downtown fire station sold chili as a fundraiser, there was a Santa, Christmas carolers, even fireworks. The place where I had my antiques business gave out free hot cocoa and cookies, it was always packed wall to wall with people. We also adopted foster children for Christmas and bought and wrapped presents for them. I enjoyed these things, you really felt you were part of a community, it felt good to be involved.

Just one of many things that you miss out on being a JW.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Those who are good guys but are not in Jehovah's club must be regarded as dangerous ones:

9 What about having close association with those who may be morally clean but who lack faith in the true God? The Scriptures tell us: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) We come to discern that bad associations are not limited to permissive or morally debased people. Hence, we are wise to cultivate close friendships only with those who love Jehovah. ( w06 3/15 pp. 21-25, “Each One Will Carry His Own Load”)

This is the black and white thinking of these stupid ones of the governing body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit