You're Never Good Enough

by Ding 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry
    Judaism teaches all humans get to Gan Eden.

Sorta like the Jehovah's Witnesses teach all you have to do is die and you'll wake up in paradise? I'll ask you the same question I ask JW's... who pays the blood penalty for your sin in your view?

15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the veil, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:
    16 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins

What do you think the average Jew believed would happen to his soul if didn't make atonement for his sins?

• designs
    designs

Perry, I have given source material numerous times before on these same questions.

Ask your local Rabbi, seriously he or she won't bite and you'll enjoy the education. As moshe recommended you have to stop retro-reading the NT onto the OT it doesn't work, 2 different world views. One never believed in original sin and christians do, do you begin to see the problem that develops.

If you are reticent to ask a Rabbi go to a good Library or Jewish online source and look up subjects like sin, soul, afterlife, Gan Eden, and individual responsiblity, and especially the perfectability of mankind.

• Perry
    Perry

designs,

So what was the point of the blood sacrifices in your view?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Ding!

What a beautiful, heartwarming and encouraging post! Easy to follow too. Thank you!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is what happens when they keep putting rubbish that children get baptized at age 6, people getting 200 hours a month in field circus, and pious-sneering despite having to walk 40 km each way, through jungles and crocodile rivers plus beatings. I would like to see someone in the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class getting 200 hours a month of real field circus (no cheating), doing what they themselves suggest, plus trying to make an honest living. It cannot be sustainably done. Yes, someone might do it once--but this is not sustainable.

Additionally, you have to change your whole personality. To become a witless, you need to get rid of everything. Stop smoking (a good idea anyways, but not under death threat like the witlesses use). Quit enjoying sex. Get rid of your Ouija boards. Live under fear of your would-be Savior Satan. Throw away your music. Don't get angry. Accept whatever abuse you are given. Usually, you have to change your wardrobe, adjust what you eat and drink (to accommodate some mock Mosaic code or a field circus schedule), and alter your decorum around your home. Holidays have to be dreaded.

I might compare it to becoming a Satanist--which I am "studying" for. There, Satan accepts you as you are--no need to quit smoking, no need to get rid of music, you get to enjoy sex and everything natural, and there is very little you have to change once you realize Jehovah is a scumbag and Jesus has nothing to offer. And no field circus--no guilt because you didn't put in 200 hours a month like some fictitious entity in a rag. And no getting dedicated before you are ready (which is when you fully realize that right-hand path relgions are all rubbish). Children that are 6 years old are not rushed in. And no constant hounding to do ever more--unless you wish to do more.

Besides, no throwing away the fruits of your labor. You do as you see fit, and reap the benefits. You don't constantly run around and have someone else getting the benefits. It is all responsibility to the responsible--the only major sin is stupidity. I think I can live with that.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Ding:

This has to be one of the religion's most harmful teachings. I realized it was a teaching that serves the religion well and when I had this lightbulb moment everything they said went in one ear and out the other.

They want people there to be filled with "guilt" over real or imagined sins (even "lack of faith"). This produces a bunch of fearful, neurotic people who are chasing their tails trying to do more and MORE. This means more people out in service and more people allowing themselves to be used and abused.

Just what the religion wants and a very clever maneuver on their part.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would like to see someone in the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class getting 200 hours a month of real field circus (no cheating), doing what they themselves suggest.

This brings up a interesting and important fact that the top executive leaders of this organization (GB) do not put out a strenuously amount of

service work under duress circumstances, they work in the best possible working environment, quiet, air conditioned offices and even if they do

go out in service they just hop into one the of luxury cars provide by the WTS., who also pays for the gas and insurance to make an appearance.

The top executive leaders of this organization (GB) know quite well of their privileged position in the organization and they also know what to do to

maintain that lofty position. Power has its attributes.

• designs
    designs

Yom Kippur had its vicarious sacrifice for sins collective and individually. Magical rites such as Kippur were practiced by many cultures within the region such as in Babylonia. Contrition and purging followed similar patterns. It was expected that with killing 'scapegoats' the spirits in the invisible world would be appeased and become allies rather than adversaries.

Yom Kippur went through several transformations. After Solomon's Temple was destroyed a sense of easy unburdening accompanied the animal slaughter which eventually became the 'rite of Kapparah' where roosters and hens are used and eventually money was simply offered to ease a guilty conscience. Looking contrite is also important, Maimonides wrote 'Every man should confess his sins and turn away from them on the Day of Yom Kippur'. 1200AD This Confession is called the 'Viddui'. Reconciliation became an important part of Yom Kippur, a person must make amends to those sinned against before the Service begins, called Yamin Noraim, The Ten Days of Penitence. Rabbi Eleazer ben Azariah, a contemporary of Jesus, wrote that Yom Kippur atones for our sins against God but conciliation with others is a must. Then the service,called Kol Nidre, on the eve of Yom Kippur can be engaged. At the end is recited ' May you receive the tidings of forgiveness, pardon, and atonement; may your name be inscribed in the Book of Life and Remembrance'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit