An old post from James-Woods on Freddy's LUST FOR POWER - a shocker

by Dogpatch 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I was just going through some old files to delete and I ran across this one from our own beloved James_Woods:

There is another negative character aspect about Freddy that Ed Dunlap once related to me. Freddy was practically crazed with the desire to be president of the WT society. Ed thought that this may have clouded his judgement, (on such stuff as the 1975) in that he simply could not admit he was wrong about anything, for fear that if he were in need of a correction, it would hurt his chances for the big job. His biggest problem in those early pre-1975 idea days was that Knorr was simply living too long - Freddy was in fear that he would himself be too old for the job when Knorr finally succumbed. Hence, a sensational teaching like 1975 was right up his alley.

Ed told me that Freddy would get together a little select group of young bethelites and every so often (maybe weekly) hold a bragging session in the whirlpool - saying stuff like "well, they wanted me to do this or that, but I told them off because of so and so" and on and on. Quite the crackers. I think Ed was referring to the time of Franz final battle against the concept of an equalized governing body, which he hated because of his greed for power. More on that is in Ray Franz first book.

I really think that in many cases people can hasten their own senility by being delusional and combative in earlier life.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/166139/1.ashx

'member that James?

Quite a shocker!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Seems that the lust for power lead him into delusional mental state of knowing things above and beyond anyone else in the organization,

as they say sick drunk on power. A third rate bible theologian who was president of a publishing house, who had the capability

to sell his theology to the masses through printed publications.

A supreme knowledgeable intellect by god's holy spirit as it were.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

It's really amazing to me, because I never got the impression that Freddy wanted to be president. But from all the testimonies, especially of Ray towards his uncle, indicates this slick, clever old snake really was after power, and probably really didn't give a damn about God or anyone else (well maybe his shower team). :-))

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Seems like they peaked under his watch. After that the mags got boring.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Hi Randy, Bty I really like your website freeminds. How well did you know ol Freddy? He was spoken of like a living Saint when I was a kid.

Was he as Weird as he Looked/Dressed?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You have to see this amazing copy of the very speech Freddy Franz gave to put down the idea of the new Governing Body at the 1975 Gilead Graduation class, which I attended.

READ BETWEEN THE LINES AS TO HIS REAL MESSAGE! He is pissed because he is about to lose his longed-for desire to be President. But he did, until even the GB got sick of him and ushered him away. He was putting all the new GB in their "proper" place, at his feet.

Watch it in HD if you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah6TJ5Aa2xg&feature=channel&list=UL

This is an outstanding archive, if you know why he is giving this talk.

Randy

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Hi Randy, what time in this video do his remarks stand out? How far do we have to listen to him speak? :(

"Don't get this committe idea stuck in your head, since you are being sent out in twos, fours, sixes or eights?" Is this his dig at the preposed GB he is fighting against? His talk had no relevance for the "Mission Field" more to let them know their were on the leash of the WTS, not Jehovah or Jesus but the W.T.S. to obey.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

He is repeating over and over that there is no higher MAN's authority that can counter him ... he is a direct apostle of Jehovah and Jehovah work through the spirit and has never needed a "Governing /Body."

Same old Rutherford crap.

It's an ego trip. One GTB member said "he has been our oracle for the last 67 years."

Randy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Is there any way we can verify Ed Dunlap actually said this? Is he still alive?

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ed Dunlap died in the late 90's. Ray mentioned it in his In Search of Christian Freedom book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit