In veiw of the future prospects for the remnant of the 144000 still living,wouldnt you think they would have a greater role in the running of a congregation ?

by smiddy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I just commented on another thread about the 144000 and thought it deserved a thread of it`s own seeing how important their appointment is .

Those who are selected to rule with Christ Jesus in heaven are given immortality. If you or I were selected to survive armaggedon we would not be given immortality , so obviously they are considered a cut above the rest of humanity.

So my question is ,why doesnt Jehovah`s spirit directed organization on earth give these people the respect and dignity that Jehovah God is going to bestow on them in the future , while they are yet present on earth , instead of ignoring them , and treating them as a lesser class of person than a pioneer ,ministerial servant, or elder.

And suggesting they may be influenced by prior beleifs or have mental problems doesnt say much for their bible education instruction , after all these are dedicated baptized publishers who are counted as the annointed remnant.

smiddy

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Smiddy,

You make a good point about the Society not knowing who the anointed on earth are. The Organization knows who the pioneeers are, and the ministerial servants, the elders, COs, DOs, special pioneers, missionaries, etc. But the anointed, the ones that will rule side by side with Jesus Christ, who are of an elite group comprised of only 144,000, only a few thousand of which are still on earth, are not kept track of.

It makes you wonder about what is really important to the Society.

Here is the Watchtower that makes the remark,

(W 8-15-11 p22)
    "Memorial partakers. This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors - including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance - might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones."

• zeb
    zeb

But do they have the "privilige" to open the windows or walk around with the microphones?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That is the way it worked in the past.

It wasn't until they didn't have enough left to run the congregations that the Jonadabs were roped into taking over from them.

• cedars
    cedars

I've discussed this enigma before, because last year the Society released an article that touched on the subject. Here is the thread...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/215873/1/Bizarre-Spirit-anointed-v-Spirit-appointed-explanation-in-Dec-15th-WT

As you suggest, it makes no sense at all that an anointed future king/priest with power over the entire planet gets no say whatsoever in what goes on in his or her local congregation. The Society has yet to produce a satisfying answer, and will struggle to do so because there isn't one.

Cedars

• alanv
    alanv

I know the society have said they do not keep track of proffesed members of the anointed, but surely they can get or have already the imformation from the publishers record card. Ceryainly a circuit overseer would know the names so why not the organisation.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

There's 'one' in my former Congregation - he called on me (about 6 years ago) and I broached the subject of the Remnant. He said they all have 'special gifts' - some have the gift of prophesy, some of healing and some of interpretation. His 'gift' (he claimed) was interpretation. I questioned/suggested that he should be assisting the Org in that area - but he responded that his 'ideas' were ahead of the Org's current teachings.

• Listener
    Listener

"A number of factors - including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance - might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling." It is hard not to conclude that any person could be absolutely sure that they are anointed. We are all influenced to varying degrees by past experiences and our own mental and emotional feelings. All of us are imperfect which means that even our mental and emotional feelings are going to let us down. It's funny that they talk about past religious beliefs as being a major factor in influencing a person because the fact is that the JWs teaching that the anointed just know they are anointed is a current teaching and that may persuade the JW to believe he is.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

...Ceryainly a circuit overseer would know the names so why not the organisation.

They could know if they wanted to, but they don't, possibly because it's an embarrassment to the Society. Since we are 'so deep into the last days of this old system' the number of partakers should be going down, not up. The only explanation offered for this is that some partakers are either being inflluenced by their previous religious beliefs, or they are mentally or emotionally imbalanced, and are mistaken that they are of the anointed.

This sounds more like a rationalization to prop up a broken belief system than an a proper explanation. Keeping track of the partakers wouldn't mean much if no one knows for sure who is really of the anointed, and who is mistaken.

At one time Witnesses said it was easy to know if you had the heavenly calling, that is was as clear as knowing if you were a man or a woman. How could anyone be confused about that? The increased numbers of partakers seems to show that it's either not so simple to know, or the whole doctrinal teaching of the 144,000 is wrong.

What is the Society's way of dealing with this problem? Simply saying 'we have no reason to keep a list of the anointed.'

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wondered this when I was studying. Everyone sorta had this weird level of respect for them, but beyond that, nothing. That's when I heard the rumour that the GB contacts all the annointed around the world on different topics

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit