Woman sent to prison for wearing a skirt that was too short

by usualusername 11 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
  • blond-moment
    blond-moment

I do too. She was warned, and it's court. You may not have really business like clothing, but you still wear your best.

• usualusername
    usualusername

Blonde moment you rock.

• JeffT
    JeffT

What a twit. I was wondering, how often exactly is she in court. Then they said what she's been up to. It's a common problem for addicts, everything that happens to them is some one else's fault.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I was called for jury duty earlier this year and part of the instructions given to the potential jury pool was about our dress and conduct. I can imagine if people who are there doing their duty as citizens are expected to have a certain level of propriety then those who are there because of their "alleged" bad acts should be held to the same level.

I think the woman in the shorts was hoping that by trying to "embarrass" the judge, she would get out of being punished or find a way to make money off the situation.

I am sure she also feels that the cememtary she was driving thru when she did the hit and run on the tombstone was picking on her as well. Also she must be positive that the drug charges are just because the police are jealous of her "cute" outfit.

As a previous boss of mine used to say "Suck it up Buttercup" and deal with the consequences of your actions.

Bobbi

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Justice is all about how you dress.

F*** the courts!

NOLAW

• talesin
    talesin

If the glove shorts don't fit, you must acquit! Oh, right, she didn't have a high-priced legal team.

(that's my way of trying to put a little perspective into how the legal system is abused ,,, hint - follow the money!)

NOLAW - you are a downright anarchist!

t

• Leolaia
  • tec
    tec

Not that we're getting the whole story, I'm sure, but lets just say that we are... I disagree. As long as the woman was legally dressed, then it is her business. I mean, it is to her benefit not to antagonize the person responsible for her sentencing. But antagonizing (or not) her judge that is the only consequence that should come of this.

I assume it was a contempt of court judge? I can understand that. But unless the dress code was specifically spelled out for her, then the judgment was wrong, imo.

Peace,

tammy

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I remember a story where the Judge called out "Order in the Court" and one of the Attorneys(!) replied "I'll have a cheeseburger and fries!". The Judge had the Bailiff arrest him immediately and send him to the jail. You DON"T screw around with Judges!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit