Watchtower re "The New World Order"

by Nambo 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nambo
    Nambo

Now the Watchtower is so named for they keep on the watch right?

For those of you still in, or that still see the mags, have they ever once even mentioned the "New World Order", or One World Government or even Globalisation?

Ive been on a forum or two where the average Joe, who doesnt even belive in, or are not even aware of God, the Bible and Revelation, are fully aware of the push towards globalisation and a single world government, where you wont be able to buy or sell unless you accept thier chip, of the F.E.M.A. concentration camps all built and ready for those who "refuse to worship the Beast".

Yet, according to a JW I speak to at work, he is totally unaware of world events rapidily heading towards events fullfilling the Book of Revelation, and they have never once brought the Sheep the awareness of the push towards the "New World Order".

Now is this realy the case or does this fella have 40 winks during Watchtower study?

Is the org really that unaware of the fullfilling of Biblical events they claim they are on the watch for.

Or are they too embarrased to say as they have allready told us Revelation was fullfilled in 1919, so they cannot say it again.

Or have they just run out of oil and fallen asleep?, dreaming about the heady days of 1918 when they where young.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't believe in the catastrophe view of increasing globalization. From my perspective, it has been a huge benefit to the world. I read a lot of history. People should read what the world was like before capitalization, commercialization, amd globalism. Every trend has its downsides.

I expect the WT sees itself as outside of politics and world trends. The fact of a theocratic society, run by the GB, after Armageddon, was reason for me to run, run, run.

Countless illnesses are no more b/c of globalization. Education has increased. Fewer people starve in droughts. There is a long way to go but I don't see how sticking your head in the sand helps.

Also, modern capitalism was unkown when the Bible was written. I don't see how they could forsee something beyond their wildest imaginations. Altho I believe I am fairly well-informed, and majored in Political Science, I have no idea what society will be like two hundred years from. Technology is such a driver of change.

From a historical point of view, Americans have more rights now than ever. Those who believe we are in the last days should read colonial and early American history. During the 1960s, much was made of a generation led astray by VietNam. Someone found a statement written on an ancient Egyptian pyramid that was an idenitcal statement of the waste of that generation;s youth. This New World order provides drama, though. Real life is much more boring.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I would say 99% of JW's know nothing of the New World Order. They believe the "Mark" in Revelation is symbolic, not literal, yet they can't/wont discuss what the buying and selling means.

They do believe a one world government will be attempted by mankind through the UN.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Band on the Run, whilst I agree Globilisation might seem to have many beniefits, dont forget that that is one of the prophesies about it, that people will admire the "beast".

Yet many non-Christian conspiracy theorists, are warning against this very trap and saying, " do not fall for thier seemimg benifits, for the end result will be bad", yet my post isnt to enquire on the pros and cons of Globalistaion, but to question if its really true, that the Watchtower is so out of touch with Biblical World Events, that the average evolution believing computer geek is more awake.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I think the expression "New World Order" has been dropped along with "New Order", I haven't heard it used lately.

*** w10 12/15 p. 23 par. 15 Sing to Jehovah! ***

15 ...... For the past 25 years, Jehovah’s Witnesses in many lands have enjoyed using the songbook entitled Sing Praises to Jehovah. In the years since that book was first published, the light has been getting brighter on a number of topics, and some of the expressions used in that songbook have become outdated. For example, we no longer speak of “the new order” but of “the new world.” And we now state that Jehovah’s name will be “sanctified,” not “vindicated.” Clearly, from a doctrinal standpoint, there has been a need to bring our songbook up-to-date.

The WTS forget we had a book called The New World about 1942 and Let Your name be sanctified in the 1960's.

George

• Nambo
    Nambo

Opps, I forgot the org use the term as well.

Sorry St George, Iam not refering to the Societies use of the term, Google it to hear the world leaders use of the term, and to which I refer.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I know some old-timer JWs in Spanish congos that still use the phrase "Nuevo Orden Mundial" (New World Order)... they can't seem to get this old phrase out of their system for some reason... but they probably have no idea that this has roots in Freemasonry...

• Londo111
    Londo111

I am coming to believe that the Beast was Nero=666 and most of Revelation applied to the first century.

Why would God care if a person has a chip implanted in them or not? And some of these things like FEMA concentration camps sound downright paraniod.

• Nambo
    Nambo

If it was just a question of having a chip, God probably wouldnt care, but Iam sure you have read Revelation, that its more than just having a chip, having the chip involves worshiping and giving allegence to Satans kingdom rather than Gods.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think these conspiracy theories need updating. Chips are so antiquated. Why not nanotech?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit