"Dropping In" at the local coffee shop on Saturday mornings

by Cinciguy74 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

I suppose it is just a perk of still being in, but none of them shun me or even act as though they don't want to talk to me. Mostly because my wife is still in I am sure, but it is definitely nice to show a bit of a "normal" side to them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

They won't accept your "normal". U are out so no matter how successful you are in life, you are still spiraling according to them.

• steve2
    steve2

wonderful account cinci. The "newer" modern-day breed of JWs need their longish coffee breaks...anything to delay the dreaded and dull ministry. As time passes, the old-time urgency I used to see in the ministry has completely ebbed. Where's the motivation and zeal to share to good news? It died long before the purported end of this system. JWs need not feel concerned about this: They can have another coffee...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ya know i think I see 'dubs on break more often than not

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Good job, Cinci - keep up the good work.

Whether they acknowlege it or not, inside they are jealous. I remember the last few months of going out before I left, pure torture. Coffee breaks were the worst, marching into McDonalds with 6 or 8 people in suits and dresses makes you look like brainwashed cultie to the outside world.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

walking into a Starbucks or Mickey dees in a frumpy suit 6 people at a time doesn't give u cred. It makes u look like a cult member

• steve2
    steve2

My judgmentalism creeps back every now and then. Given that they believe the world is now deeper and deeper into the time of the end, I cannot help but compare these coffee-indulging door knockers with the old timer JWs who were motivated to slog away at the door-to-door work for unrelieved long hours.

Things certainly ain't what they used to be!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh and sometimes the old timers get verbal about it

• steve2
    steve2
    oh and sometimes the old timers get verbal about it

Yes, I can imagine my now-deceased but lovely JW grandparents being very critical about today's 'softer' breed of JWs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit