Zone Overseer visit, Anthony Morris, in Canada

by Quarterback 45 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2
    Special Assembly / 9-day

9 days???!!! Are you sure? That's excessive even by Rutherford's "standards" of having week-long assemblies.

• Scully
    Scully

I wouldn't attend the Zone Overseerâ„¢ visit if it was held in my own back yard.

Those @$$holes' egos are surpassed only by their sense of entitlement. I have more respect for myself than to kowtow to a bunch of pompous self-important nobodies.

• cedars
    cedars

Quarterback - thanks for explaining! I still think it makes a mockery of the zone overseer arrangement to have a GB member fill in for them. It would be like a member of the branch committee visiting your congregation rather than the CO! Anyway, I guess trying to make sense of Society procedures is a pointless pursuit.

steve2 - as far as I know, it's a 3-day convention, but when you sign up to go to the event you must stay for a full 9 days either side. The local congregations are getting geared up to take delegates on tours of Dublin and on the ministry on days where there is no actual convention program.

Cedars

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks cedars. 3 days would be bad enough let alone 9 days. I guess those who qualify and sign up are devils for convention-punishment, although I should imagine Dublin would be lovely this time of the year and even a highlight beyond the convention.

• VM44
    VM44

Anthony Morris has been immersed in Watchtower teachings his whole life.

The only thing he is capable of doing now is promoting the Watchtower!

What a useless, wasted life.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Scully, what a profound post!!!!!!! Brant

Post 17539 of 17548
    Since 11/2/2001

I wouldn't attend the Zone Overseerâ„¢ visit if it was held in my own back yard.

Those @$$holes' egos are surpassed only by their sense of entitlement. I have more respect for myself than to kowtow to a bunch of pompous self-important nobodies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit