Why Is The Watchtower Liquidating Itself?

by metatron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

They have had a dramatic loss in the amount the average publisher donates. They are hoarding cash in hopes of setting sail with it in storm of the Internet. Their need for cash is also evidenced by their downsizing of their public magazines and their installation of credit card machines to the assembly halls. In short: a publisher ain't worth what is used to be and they need cash to make up the differencewhile they work up a plan or allow an old one to come to fruition. The Watchtower's entire monetary framework since March of 1990 has been based off a donation/mind control methodology. With the age of the Internet, something that was not available to the common man in 1990, came the unfactored variable of widespread information to the individual. This was a terminal and poisonous blow to entities like the Watchtower. So, here we are in 2012 with a hemorrhaging Society on it's last legs.

But I wouldn't count out the Watchtower completely just yet. They have been a cockroach in the past and they just might be a cockroach in the modern era as well. The fact that they are moving out of Brooklyn is telling as to what kind of changes lie ahead for them. It's a buyers market so if you liqudate the overpriced city buildings and move north to a more rural area you can keep a bunch of the profit and ride into the next prosperous plateau for humanity. That's all the Watchtower is in the end, a safe haven for people of an elect bloodline or just an elect group of people. They use the ruse of religion to do each other special favors and circumvent every known form of order. They have contempt for the cold hearted reality of the world because they have always looked upon it never from within it. It's not a coincidence that the Watchtower is a magnet for narcissists, birds of a feather flock together.

If they can start over with a core group of devotees with a lump some of money they just might be able to ride out this storm with their elect intact. However, for the non-elect it's slim pickens in the cafeteria of mind controlled Kingdom Halls.

-Sab

• ammo
    ammo

Sab that was spot on!

• Fernando
    Fernando

They use the ruse of religion to do each other special favors and circumvent every known form of order. They have contempt for the cold hearted reality of the world because they have always looked upon it never from within it. It's not a coincidence that the Watchtower is a magnet for narcissists, birds of a feather flock together.

Reading the well considered and written posts in this thread, on JWN and all over the internet, it is seems the dumb a$$ WBTS is also hemorrhaging serious talent that could have been very useful for legitimate socially constructive purposes.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The watchtower are "institutional investors" with some of the worlds biggest hedge funds. More money in = more money out. The market has fallen through the floor. I think they are chasing liquid assets for investing in stock. They are not stupid, sure 2 billion dollars brings in interest, but not stock market gambling interest.

Greedy bastards, I wonder if Satan will be thanked for funding the preaching work before he is thrown into a fiery lake

• clarity
    clarity

Just a thought ...

While all eyes will be on the"upstate country club" after the big move, I don't think that the GB & Co will be found there!

We might find that "Elvis" has left the building!

These reclusives will now be secreted away in one of the fancy buildings that was supposedly sold. The Lawyers will then put the country club on the market to be sold as a college or retirement home, for millions $$$$$$$$$$$$$!

clarity

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Clarity: Your hypothesis sounds very realistic to me. Could also be used as a mass suicide building for the BORG faithful in the future, and of course the G.B. will be long gone drinking margarita's on the beach in the Caribbean.

Kojack

• designs
    designs

Maybe team GB will join forces with team Romney in the Caymen's....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wouldn't necessarily define it completely a liquidation process but rather a ongoing Reformation.

Be rest assured that there will be doctrinal changes into the future though.

One could envision dropping the Watchtower branding all together, cleaning out that closet of skeletons.

The GB today will make any necessary changes to sustain their own personal generational membership within the WTS. !

and the next generation of GB members will probably do so as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit