Changed my Last Will and Testament

by time2keepmoving 13 Replies latest jw friends

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I had to change my Will and insurance policy and remove my relative who is still a witnesses as a beneficiary of my life insurance policy and exclude them from receiving any of my assets.

I hated to do it but I did not want them giving any of my money to the WTS if I pass away. I know if I left them anything they would look at it as a 'blessing from Jehovah' and would definitely take any monies I left them and put some of it in the contribution box. So unfortunately I have to remove them from getting anything and leave 100% of my money and assets to my child.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Your child deserves the inheritance.

No reason to feel anything approaching regret on this.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I didn't want to do it put because they are so wrapped in the cult, I had to make sure none of my hard earned money or assets would end up in the hands of society in anyway.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The sad thing is, they have often manipulated people who were already senile or otherwise incompetent and even stole inheritances against the original owner's wishes.

I have seen this with my own eyes.

• talesin
    talesin

If you feel they may need the inheritance, you can set it up as a trust that will give them an income, and anything left when they die, reverts to your child.

That's what my Grt-grandfather did with his property, as he wanted to skip my grandfather and leave stuff to my dad, but wanted his son to have security while he was alive.

tal

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I was actually leaving my relative a percentage of my insurance policy and some of my assets. It is of course more important to me to leave my only adult child an inheritance but I was trying to 'look out' for my closest sibling by leaving them something as well. Well, since they have abandoned our relationship for the JW's, then I have no choice but to exclude them from my will.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

@ james_woods - Even more of a reason why I can't allow them to get a dime of my money in any way.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Thank goodness my parents died without a will needless to say, they were waiting for the BIg A and Paradise to come.

I know my mother would've definitely left some money to those old A** holes in Brooklyn if she did draw up a will.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

ShirleyW - Glad for you. The WTS has taken, taken, taken and given nothing to their members or their member's families in return.

Selfish blind greed is the best words to describe them in this instance. They love to store up treasures on earth!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Funny thing is .... your relative abandoned you at the say so of the Orginazation but would probably take your "evil apostate" money without batting an eye. I think you did them a favor....now they won't be in a position to compromise their principals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit