Jehovah's Witnesses ... Proclaimers of "soon, very soon" since 1879

by jwleaks 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very very very soon, I will destroy everything around you...oh but I'll also give you a lovely big present too!

very very very soon......

• steve2
    steve2

The check is in the mail. You should receive it soon, very soon.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

fulltimestudent9 hours ago

But isn't that the same deception that was used in early Christianity?

Yes, the cult of Jesus said no more feeding the poor or widows or orphans or any of that. Just wait on Jesus to return for the 144k

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Will somebody please once and for all; turn of that damned kingdom alarm bell ...it's been ringing now for two thousand years!
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I had a discussion with my Dad about 5 years ago on this very subject. He was saying Armageddon is coming soon. I asked him how he can know that as Watchtower has been saying this for years. He replied it was because the economy was so bad. I said to him "Is the economy as bad as it was during the Great Depression?"

He replied with a tentative "Noooo."

I said "Wouldn't it seem more likely then that if a bad economy was the reason it will come 'soon', that the end should have come back then?"

I got the deer-in-the-headlights look.

I then said "The Watchtower needs to stop saying it's coming soon. They lose credibility when it doesn't. It's like crying wolf. People stop listening to you."

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

Correction. The IBSA

The publication was started by Charles Taze Russell on July 1, 1879 under the title Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit