Asking a girl out

by d 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• d
    d

Their is a blank post

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Ask her out only if you think she will become ex jw.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Danger Will Robinson, DANGER!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Would it be wise to seek a romantic relationship with this young woman? Ask yourself the following:

1. What do I know of her spiritual goals?

2. Have I observed how she treats her friends? her family? the elders in her congregation?

3. Have I completed my basic education?

4. Am I prepared to support a family financially, emotionally, and spiritually?

5. Am I mature enough to remain chaste during courtship?

6. Have I asked mature ones in the congregation about her reputation?

7. Does she dress modestly, or is she known for provocative, immodest dress?

8. Will my spiritual goals have to be delayed if this courtship leads to marriage?

Prayerfully considering these questions may help you make a decision that will be pleasing to Jehovah God.

--sd-7

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

Seriously, James Woods is absolutley right. How pretty is she (rhetorical)? Is it worth it? I say ask her out.

As was said before if she says yes then she can't be too hardcore. Try to get a feel of her personality- how cult is it? Engage her in meaningful discussion- politically, philisophically, and especially spiritually. See how much of a critical thinker she is. She might be a great person, I wouldn't doubt it. But the critical thinking is key. and Cool made a great point... can you see her as an ex-jw. If after a while you can't do not... Do Not get in any deeper!

And most importantly, don't fall in love. Really.

• d
    d

I might just have to see this as a lost cause. Asking her out might cause more problems in the long run.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Smart move. 'Tis better to have loved and lost, than slammed your genitalia in a car door.

• okage
    okage

If you're really desperate, pay one of her money-grubbing elders to say you're another congregation's top pioneer. I've heard they love guys who give up everything to go knocking on doors.

• talesin
    talesin

d, since you are not already involved, I would suggest what others have said,,, and someone used my fav expression for this situation "DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!"

Since you're not emotionally attached, and at this point it's an attraction, it would be easier to let it go at this point. Life has taught me, through harsh experience, that it's better to wait until someone comes along who is the right fit.

Wishing you the best, and whatever you decide, remember that your emotional health and safety comes first.

xo

tal

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

well I don't know. If you didn't get the JW vibe she may be a non JW JW and the two of you have a common bond????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit