WTBTS do no wrong in the eyes of believers?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

The WTBTS has enjoyed a well insulated capsule of people for a long time. The amount of adherents that left was minimal because of the thick wall of fear. They are riding on a sharp edge that with one great movement one way or the other could ruptre and cause great hemmoraghing. They are well aware of this and between increased fear and organizational shifts the balancing act continues. Once this exodus begins there will be no stopping the slaves from leaving.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MTM: Once this exodus begins there will be no stopping the slaves from leaving.

I HOPE you are right, I FEAR you are wrong.

This is one instance in which I would be very happy to be wrong.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Oh they can do wrong, but they've become masters at explaining it away.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

It's frustrating that most jdubs can't see what's happening, but eventually that will all change.

• 2tone
    2tone

I cant wait for everything to come crashing down. Some people think that this religiong will slowly crumble over a long time. They still may be true but I feel something very damaging and losing lots of money and followers is in the near future. I can only hope

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I don't know how they can keep producing paper magazines, when the world is going more and more digital and many organizations are promoting a 'green' lifestyle of less paper. Who wants these magazine piling up in their home? Many newspapers and magazine outfits are struggling because people (especially young people) want their news and information in real-time at the tip of their fingertips. I think their printing days are numbered; they are as relevant as the library. If it's a losing battle to keep printing the way they do (at least in the U.S.) how will they keep their members distracted from what's really going down in the bOrg?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I do not expect a mass exodus any time soon, though I would love to see it.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I think that there is a certain element of suprise that the news media offers when any number of scenarios works themselves out. It could be a report on a significant drop in membership or an at the top scandal that is too big to cover up.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Even if there is a shake-up at the top, there will not be a mass exodus as most JWs would view it as a test from Satan. The ones that remain would be the "true JWs". Because after all, you just have to wait on Jehovah

• rnewman123
    rnewman123

They taught me well on "How to coverup bad situation".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit