So, let's kick this revolution up a gear

by rory-ks 14 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

Hi Rory,

Your idea sounds good, but it won't work on a one-by-one basis. You'd need every closet doubter (and there's lots of them) to act at the same time. Here's what might work: get the word out to every 'apostate' site on the web so every closet apostate knows when to act, then call for a general strike (no meeting attendance, no field service, nothing JW related), now set the date (I'd suggest Dec. 21, 2012 - the end of the world :)). Now everybody go on strike and stay on strike till the WT caves. I suspect that such a bold, unified act would get the flcoks attention too, lots more would ask questions and switch sides to the apostates. Be interesting to see it happen and do a head count. I suspect there's not many who actually drink the kool-aid of WT propaganda, most stay out of fear, as you said.

thinker

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

A lot of us are with you Rory.

There are thousands that drank the bread and wine just this month at home, after the "real" memorial. An untapped, large number of ones that may someday awaken and unite together to fix at least some of the tyranny.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

The fear of losing friends, family, and associates, is a valid concern, Jemba (and others). I wonder, though, whether we have seriously considered that speaking out boldly, and facing the consequences might have an impact on those around us that we might not have foreseen.

The Watch Tower Society has now taken on the guise of the Pharisees. There is no doubt that they put themselves in the position of those religious leaders of Jesus' day. They are even worse. At least Jesus lasted three-and-a-half years before they had him killed! These days one would barely last three-and-a-half months! However, it didn't stop people from speaking out. Family-wise, some of Jesus' brothers became believers after he died; the stoning of Stephen had a profound effect upon Saul/Paul; and what about the man born blind in the account in John chapter 9?

Having said all that - as someone recently pointed out to me - the rising voices over the internet are mounting into a "great cloud of witnesses" against the atrocities of the WTS. You can already smell the cordite.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey thinker!

General strike?

In response to an open ended innocuous call like:

"if you are not 100% satisfied with everything you see, hear and experience within the congregation please join your brothers and sisters in communicating this to the powers that be by means of a general worship at home strike starting from 21 Dec 2012 until all your concerns have been satisfactorily addressed via www.JWconcerns.com"?

The website could have an anonymous dropbox like Wikileaks (JW leaks)! The Watchtower could be forced to publically explain inaction or injustice in a particular case to the satisfaction of the website owners, on pain of JWleaks releasing more damning material.

A passive protest like this may offer protesters a chance to avoid victimisation. They could also direct any queries from the elders back to the website!

Something to think about.

I'm getting that new topic feeling again...

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Fernando - good ideas. It all comes down to each of us making it happen. Will you start this site? Will I support it? Will Rory? Will Thinker?

We each can make something happen. We can encourage the JWs we know to see the TTATT, or start a blog, or leave flyers out or put little stickers with web addresses on all the loose magazines left in laundrymats, Drs offices, etc. It takes effort. It takes courage.

What can we do? What will we do? That's a question for each of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit