World Powers according to WTBT$

by anezthy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• anezthy
    anezthy

If I remember correctly (It's been a while for me) from what I learned during my years in the WTBT$, the world powers were/are:

Egypt, Assyria, Babylonian, Medo/Persian, Greece, Rome, United States/United Kingdom. This scenario fits the statue of different elements from Gold to clay. My question here is, weren't there other world powers? Not a history buff here, but, weren't Spain, France, The Mongol Dynasties, Turkey, Germany, Japan and many other Eastern European and Asian civilizations world powers at one time or another? Why just select the initial seven and omit the rest. I would really like some input on this since I think that it is just the WTBT$ that uses only these world powers, and if they do, Why? . Is there any historical evidence supporting just the first seven world powers while ignoring the rest or is this just another JW teaching? This question always burned my stomach during my existence as a JW. Thanks for your help.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If I remember right, the world powers cited are those that affective God's people

• wha happened?
  • anezthy
    anezthy

@wha happened... that's the explanation that I received whenever I questioned this teaching. By "God's people"... was it refering to the Jewish people or to Christianty in general? Thanks for helping!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

What's the point of "$" sign?

• anezthy
    anezthy

@tootired2care... I have come to the conclusion the the Watchtower org is just a business disguised as a religion. The "$" is just being sarcastic on my part as for many other posters here. Do you have any info on the World Power question?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The reality of the matter is there's never been a total world power throughout the entire globe in the length of human history.

Mystical stories from the ancients shouldn't be acknowledged other than anything than what they are.

Unless you own and operate a religious publishing house, those stories might be useful for commercial exploitation purposes.

• anezthy
    anezthy

@thetrueone.... Great point. Never thought of it as just Mystical Stories. Thanks for your help!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They are looking through American eyes. It is interesting how the rest of the world does not. Think of India and China as great powers. All their prophecy fails if you look at a global view. I suspect and they would approve that God is not American or Northern European. Besides, we all know God is a woman.

• anezthy
    anezthy

@botr... another great point. American based religion see's history through American eyes. Very, very good point. Whatever God's gender is.... Just keep being God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit