Rev.14:3-5 Do you believe this to be literal or symbolic? Your thoughts.

by Kojack57 16 Replies latest jw friends

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

My thoughts are in line with Tammy's. No way is the number 144,000 a literal number as taught by the WBTS.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the 144k is litteral , John did write about not commiting adultry with the pagan religions since Israel was ensnared that way on occassion and was in fact exiled at some point, according to scripture, and they were considered adultresses in a spiritual way . OT. I think there's more to this tho . Jesus referred to people making themselves eunich on behalf of the kingdom , we are talking about men here obviously so to me is saying they no longer persue a family life here on earth but direct all their attention to the kingdom , the virgin part is just simply being the wife every man would like to have at marriage but in a spiritual way .

• Giordano
    Giordano

"These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb........."

If you want it literal the 144,000 were gay male slaves offered as firstfruits. Sorry that's what it says. Now isn't that a kick in the pants.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The John who wrote The Revelation was on Patmos, lots of magic mushrooms there, so he could have had some interesting hallucinogenic trips.

Unless you subscribe to the theory that he was an initiate of the Mystery Schools or somesuch esoteric group, why do you assume these writings have any particular significance at all ?

• heathen
    heathen

I don't know where you get the idea they are gay because they don't defile themeselves with women = make themselves eunichs . IMO Not real eunichs just those that abstain from sex because they will rule in heaven with christ over the earthling class and as what happened in Noahs day was the angels rebelled because of their lust for women and sex . As for magic mushrooms , I certainly can't say for sure about it .

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Doesn't the Bible state that it's a revelation presented in signs? So with that, symbolic. Unless u want to hang around and see an old lady dressed in red riding a non existant beast

• heathen
    heathen

It is highly symbolic without question but I think some of it was literal . I mean ,it makes no sense to give a specific number 144k then mention a great crowd without number . So without going further into scripture ,it's the way I see it . Until the new light ....LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit