Fernando says we are "all" dysfunctional

by Phizzy 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Poster Fernando makes the statement on another thread that we are all "fallen, imperfect, dysfunctional" . Everybody.

I get the feeling that this is not too far removed in its thinking from the WT statement that Apostates are mentally diseased, now I am aware that Fernando is perpetuating the late doctrine of Original Sin, and his words were about all mankind, not just us on JWN.

But do you believe you are cursed by what a fictitious couple did in a fabled garden around 6,000 years ago ? Does that make you imperfect, fallen and dysfunctional ?

It annoys me when christians who cannot make a sensible , rational defense of their faith post as truth their own views based on nothing more than their own subjective experiences and an out of date book of stories.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Bless his heart.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have no problem with his heart, bless it all you want, I am sure he means well, it is just the intellectual dishonesty of presenting as fact something which patently is not, a well known W.T method.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    post as truth their own views based on nothing more than their own subjective experiences and an out of date book of stories.

Or maybe he has been observing humankind.

It's obvious that everyone is imperfect. Not everyone's dysfuction is evident, but considering the whole of mankind it looks like there is no one functioning at 100%. Fallen? I don't know what that means so I shall not say anything about it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ahhhhhhh....original sin. There's something that makes a whole lotta sense....

I feel I am the product of hundreds of millions of years of evolution...but I could be wrong. Maybe God is punishing me because my 68th great-grandfather at some forbidden fruit.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Team Dysfunctional

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Exactly LG, the idea that because we have "imperfections" present in the human race it is because God disapproves of us in some way is pretty looney.

What have all those animals been up to ,to annoy this God ? Around here we are coming to the end of lambing season, not all, sadly are born perfect, perhaps some naughty sheep ate some forbidden fruit all those years ago too, so it makes sense to punish the lambs now.

TEAM DYSFUNTIONAL ? is that us on JWN only, or all mankind LWT ? The cap fits either way I suppose !

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"TEAM DYSFUNTIONAL ? is that us on JWN only, or all mankind LWT ? The cap fits either way I suppose !"

Please see:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/224521/1/Are-religionists-and-atheists-on-the-same-team

• Perry
    Perry

We grow old and die ... that is dysfunctional.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

During a diversity class at the University I made the statement "We all know Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25." The professsor answered "Do we all know that?" I felt dumb. I'm not saying that about Fernando's statement, I'm saying I have made statements I always accepted as true not realizing it was a JW belief that was still in my brain and no one else believed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit