Was the Memorial brochure a bait and switch?

by Frozenout 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Frozenout
  • Ding
    Ding

Perhaps those who had no prior experience with the organization would have been surprised by what went on.

That said, I doubt that those of us who are familiar with the organization expected anything other than the standard Memorial talk that is given every year.

When you think about it, much of the Watchtower strategy toward outsiders is a bait-and-switch.

For example, just consider the standard offer of a "free home Bible study."

Is that actually a Bible study or a Watchtower Society book study with scattered Bible proof-texts?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Is aything wash-towel not bait and switch?

Nothing with them is at it seems.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, without a doubt, the brochure was a bait and switch.

My wife and I nearly ended up buying a timeshare they were advertising at some place called Walkill in New York.

Rub a Dub

• baltar447
  • Frozenout
    Frozenout

Sit and pass the crackers.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Is there any more information on this? What happened with the brochure? I haven't heard anything about it, and would love to find out.

Thanks!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Frozenout hi.... pretty much everything is a bait & switch with the watchtower!!

Give up your own family and ......."you will get better mothers & fathers & sisters & brothers"!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, if you don't mind that they will squeal and snitch about everything you do to the elders. If you don't mind conditional 'love'. If you don't mind the wt telling you who to love and who to hate, & with one little announcement from the platform ... those 'new' mothers will drop their eyes and never talk to you again!!

Bate & Switch Publishing & Real Estate Company ...lol

Nice to see you on here Frozen, welcome, did I miss your "story" somehow?

clarity

• therevealer
    therevealer

Do you mean because they didn't tell you what you believe? LOL

• factfinder
    factfinder

Are you referring to the memorial invitation as a brochure?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit