Preaching in vain.

by LouBelle 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BroMac
    BroMac

It's a trade mark (TM) and nothing else.

oh. And a waste of time

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Welcome Davidl7!

Please preach and post here as often as you can, and know that your comments are so sincerely appreciated by many of us that are here purely by accident and should be spending our time underlining our WT study article for the coming Sunday with a yellow highlighter and a blue pen lol. (My personal favorites)

You may be able to help encourage some lapsed Witnesses, and defend the truth against these angry bitter apostates! Keep commenting here brother we need more like you to come to this forum. I wish more faithful Witnesses like you were on here to help us!

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Hi everyone. Been a couple of weeks since I've visited the forum. Davidl7, and Ray Publisher. Nice to have you with us. I really like to see what's going on in JW world. For me, joining the Watchtower Society (my mother converted when I was 10 years old circa 1970) was a bitter-sweet experience. But mostly bitter. The Witnesses I knew were really lovely people, but the teachings were severe - so much can't do this, can't do that; must do this, must do that; If you don't, then don't expect Jehovah to let you survive Armageddon. Big emphasis on expectations for Armageddon to arrive 1975 or 76. Kingdom Ministry telling us how reports of JWs selling their homes to go full-time preaching in the short time left and what a wonderful thing they were doing in this way. My father's parents were Witnesses, but he never got baptised. He never went to meetings. He said Armageddon wouldn't come in 1975, and he didn't like this scare-mongering technique. Still, I stayed with the Witnesses and became a Pioneer, well after 1975 had passed.

BTW, those who sold their homes, then ended up leaving the WT Society were said to have been stumbled - yes?

To cut a long story short - while I love the JW people, (and my brothers and sisters are still Witnesses) I've found over the decades through reserach, that the Watchtower Society Governing Body are the blind leading the blind. Life outside the Watchtower Society is, for me and thousands of others who've left, a much happier, kind, trustworthy and caring experience.

Just a thought on your comments/views that on this forum has so many who seem bitter and angry - have you considered why this might be so? If you could sit down with them one-on-one to listen to their story, you would understand the pain they've been through.

Best wishes from Flossycat, Melbourne, Australia.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey LouBelle! You have a PM.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

LouBelle, I had a similar experience. Saw a couple of female JWs in the mall witnessing to someone sitting in one of the waiting/rest areas and felt a little ill at the sight of it.

The skirt, the shoes, the purses especially selected to hold the literature without creasing it, their posture....just everything about it made me want to shake them both and scream "WAKE UP"...but each will awaken in their own time.

What a waste...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit