Gutless WTS Leadership From the "Confidentiality" Letter

by LostGeneration 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• flipper
    flipper

LOST GENERATION- Thanks for posting this information. Very true what you say about the comparison to their child abuse policies of informing bethel legal first, the police almost never. It's sickening and abhorrent. Not to mention disgusting. Once again ( I've pounded this drum many times ) the WT society is first, foremost, and ALWAYS concerned about outward appearances and ANY negative publicity that may attract. So they don't want members going to the police regarding child abuses, suicides, or anything bringing undue attention to the org. and their money making machine. It's absolutely scandalous and ridiculous

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I am studying to become a counsellor, and I can tell you the real answer when confronted with a person who is suicidal is to call a hospital or suicide prevention centre, if your city has one.

It's called mandatory reporting. If you are counselling someone (in a professional sense) and they express a wish to harm themselves, then you are OBLIGATED to report them so they can get help IMMEDIATELY.

Someone should tell these WT idiots about this. It's called Duty of Care.

• designs
    designs

I think I lost a few brain cells in my time as an Elder.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Those hypocritical scumbags!

How many here believe that the elderberries would not suspend judicial proceedings but add on another charge for the sin of attempting to kill yourself?

I've never seen a judicial meat-ing remove burden, they only ad to it.

• moshe
    moshe

Unhappy, depressed people in the KH can feel better fast- if they just spend more time at meetings and out in field service- that used to be the defacto aspirin remedy given to the depressed JWs.

• TD
    TD
    ...since legally this is also defined as self-murder or felo-de-se.

WTF? I'm not an attorney and don't pretend to be, but I do know that felo-de-se (Felon of himself) is an archaic term from the days when suicide resulted in the forfeiture of your property and a stake through your heart to keep you from rising up again.

Non compos mentis (Not of sound mind) pretty much replaced felo-de-se as a Common law term for suicide a couple of centuries ago.

Suicide is not a crime under modern law. Their use of the word 'is' in the captioned statement above is dishonest

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When I was very ill with an illness with an astronomic suicide rate (greater than 95%), I wanted to make certain that if I chose death as relief, my decision would be rational and sustained. Depression had to be discounted. Every local community has 24 hour trained people available by phone. The numbers are listed in the front of the telephone book. SAMSHA, the federal agency, and the Good Samaritans are two of the biggest groups.

When I was so depleted, I would visit psych ers or a local minister to help get through the very hard nights. I found strength to go on just by talking to trained people. No place every committed me against my will to a psych unit.

I remain very confused about suicide. Impulsive suicide is destructive for all involved. Turning to untrained Witnesses makes suicide more likely, not less.

Frankly, I sought help hundreds of times. Yet I have no clue what their technique is. I am alive today and not in pain. Something I was promised was not possible. It was so accepted I would end my life that no alternate plans were contemplated. Suicide is a permanent relationship to what is most likely a temporary problem. I suffer negative ramifications for the illness. But most of the time, I am so thankful I had the gut to keep turning up and getting trained help. Human contact is so crucial. The power of it, rather than meds, was amazing. These people were trained and understood the whole situation. They don't lecture. You are not found wanting. Rather, they build you up.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Bungi Bill - They held a Judicial Committee for your daughter's attempted suicide after her own brother died? How old was she?

The very idea sickens me. Shelters in a storm. Not.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Does this mean they will back off from disfellowshipping someone who is suicidal? If so that sounds like a move in a positive direction.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

"Don't tell them that you are contacting the Legal Department, just tell them that you are consulting with your atorney????"

What is behind this one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit