She's trying to make her a publisher...

by MsGrowingGirl20 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

thank youall..

what bothers me is that i don't want to be bloodguilty...understand?

that frightens me.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

How do you interpret bloodguilt in this context?

• The Quiet One
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

That's too quiet, QuietOne. Try Firefox or Chrome

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Ultimately, it's the mother who is in charge of her daughter's spiritual teaching. In JW teaching, the mother now has the obligation to study with her daughter.

If she allows you to continue studying with the daughter, just make it a "fun" study. Nothing too serious. Talk about the daughter's thoughts on God and what it means to be spiritual. Look at what other religions teach. Discuss the history of the JWs. Make it as un-JW as you can, without being anti-JW, if you know what I'm saying?

The daughter might be studying just to make her Mum happy. In a couple of years, the kid might reveal that she doesn't really believe in God/give a stuff about the JWs/interested in another religion so just keep in mind that the kid can change her mind.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I too am concerned as to why you consider yourself having "bloodguilt" please define how and why you could possibly have "bloodguilt" and why does it frighten you? are you expecting bolts of lightening to strike you from the heavens?

• Joojoobean
    Joojoobean

If someone is too young to marry, to young to swear loyalty to a person for a lifetime, still unfixed in their likes, limited in life experience, etc, then they MUST be too young to swear loyalty to GOD for a lifetime surely.

With a 10 year old I'd worry they couldn't really know what they were committing themselves to. The second baptism questions makes my blood run cold - swearing loyalty to the WT Org'. Ooo, no!

Too young to marry = too young to get baptised (into the WT org. I don't necessarily think this of other less controlling religions).

You did right to make a stand on this girl's behalf

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

it's something that has been on my mind...

i feel as if i'm holding back good news from persons

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Do you mean that by not studying with this 10-year-old you are withholding good news from herm, the good news of the "truth"?

It does rather sound to me as if you are very confused. And I understand that. I've been very confused too, and even now, even after getting myself out of the KH and stopping publishing something can happen, a call or a letter from someone, and I find part of my mind trying to pull me back in. But for me, too much is so clearly wrong and too much has happened.

You know that some thngs in the WT are very wrong. You see the effects that disfellowshipping has on families and individuals. You're intelligent and a thinker, but the WT has got a good grip on you and that's why, if I've understood you correctly, you don't feel good about studying with this child. A ten-year-old is a child.

I agree with the posters above who felt that you shouldn't hand this girl over to the clutches of the pioneer, but if her mum is indeed newly in and if she is anything like I got to be then she'll be throwing herself into it and the child will be exposed to that. There's nothing you can do about it.

But there is something you can do about you, and that's to continue to study real things, not WT literature, and to use your good brain to think, and read all the info on cults. The hold that the WT has on you (and still has a tiny bit on me, but I am never going back) is the hold of a cult.

One thing though: I still don't understand how any bloodguilt could possibly be involved in any way at all here. What am I missing?

• Joojoobean
    Joojoobean

[sorry. I read the whole thing as her being pressured to get baptised, not become an unbaptised publisher. Doh. But I still hold by my comment that you did right to make a stand on this girl's behalf ]

There is no Bible example of ones being groomed, grilled and approved as apprentice ministers. Individuals CHOSE to speak according to their own inclination. Besides, sounds like this young girl is already a minister!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit