Bethel Doctor on radio station WBBR speaks about the "Abrams Treatment" (1924)

by VM44 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

A newspaper radio program listing for Station WBBR from January 1928.

Long Island Daily Press, Monday, January 16, 1928
    Page Five

Radio Program
    Monday, January 16

236 - WBBR - 1170

7:00 p. m. - Studio orchestra.
    7:30 p. m. - Children's talk, Fred Franz
    7:50 p. m. - Men's chorus.
    8:05 p. m. - Talk, "Some Scriptures on the Ressurrection," V. F. Schmidt.
    8:15 p. m. - Men's chorus
    8:30 p. m. - Electronic treatment, Dr. Mae Johnson Work.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

someone needs to post the ads in the golden age of the "radio desease killer" the machine were you shock the cancer away.

• VM44
    VM44

It is somewhat ironic that a talk about the Ressurrection is followed by a talk about a quack medical treatment!

8:05 p. m. - Talk, "Some Scriptures on the Ressurrection," V. F. Schmidt.
    8:30 p. m. - Electronic treatment, Dr. Mae Johnson Work.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• VM44
    VM44

Another newspaper article that mentions Dr. Work.

Lincoln Evening Journal
    17 September 1930
    Page 1

KEARNEY MAN IS ELECTED

Dr. Johnston Secretary of American Electronic Research Association

CHICAGO-(UP)-Dr. E. Lee Burch, San Jose, Calif., Wednesday was elected president of the American Electronic Research association at its seventh annual convention.

Dr. Clarke Knox, Chicago, was elected vice president.

Dr. Norman Johnston, Kearney, Neb., was selected by the board of trustees as secrretary.

Dr. Mae Johnson Work, Brooklyn, N. Y., and Dr. J. H. East of Denver, were elected to the board of trustees for three year terms.

• Anony Mous
  • VM44
    VM44

"Dr. E. Lee Burch, San Jose, Calif., Wednesday was elected president of the American Electronic Research association at its seventh annual convention."

An advertisement for Dr. E. Lee Burch's practice was published in a 1923 college magazine that can be found online at the Internet Archive, www.archive.org.

It is amazing how "Dr." Abrams fooled so many M.D.s into believing his "ERA" methods actually worked.

"The Redwood, published by THE ASSOCIATED STUDENTS of the UNIVERSITY OF SANTA CLARA", 1923

Phones: Office 717; Res 719

E. Lee Burch, M. D.

CHRONIC DISEASES

Specializing in Electronic Blood Diag-
    noses and Treatment (Era)

Hours: 10-12, 2-4

Suite 10-14, Letitia Bldg., Ryland Blk.

60 South First St. San Jose, Calif.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Thank you VM44

Trying to make sense out of why so many witnesses are attracted to "alternate" therepys is one of my projects. In my experience there is a connection between the present and the past. This information can be invalueable to a person considering the use of one of these treatments. The society has taken what I call a "hands off" approach on many of these "controversial medical treatments". Essential Oils, aromatherapy, almond extract as a cancer cure, supplements, and E.M.D.R. are examples of what I have had to research in my "office of overseer". My stand and advice to the sheep was stay clear. I had the priveledge of given two service meeting parts. One part was on supplements. The other was on essential oils. I could not believe the complaints from so many witnesses. I was the one who was dealt with by two bodies of elders for the things I said about essential oils. So much nonsense!

One thing about all of the above treatments, in my experience, is that they are all responsible for harmful results. E.M.D.R. is taught in at least one Universtiy that I know of. The class carrys 5 units toward a degree. Personally I would strongly recomend you avoid E.M.D.R. That is my opinion, but it is also a warning that I feel morally compelled to make. What VM44 is bringing up about the history of medical treatment and the watchtower society is valueable. What the Golden Age endorsed in the past is now easily dismissed as a joke. Learn from this history and stay healthy. As an active witness you could be approached by a witness who is making money by selling you one of the above products. Like me you could see the individual given parts on assemblies. Even being allowed to say that his "business" gives him freedom to pioneer. Will you take his assembly parts as an endorsement of his product? Will you choose essential oils over seeing your doctor? I urge you to see your doctor and say no to essential oils.

My comment is not to debate with anyone about the benefits that many people claim come from these treatments. My post is to recognise the value of the information that VM44 has made available. "He that forgets history is bound to repeat it" Your health and your families health is important. Do the research before you chose a treatment just because you "trust" the organization. The organization has taught foolishness in the past. In my opinion they are not the intellectual leaders on medical treatments today either. Make up your own minds based on your own research.

Good health to you

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you Make Lemonade for your comments.

There are indeed useful reasons to bring forth information about things that happened 70, 80, or even more years in the past.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

You posted a picture of the book "Demonism and the Watchtower" by Roy Goodrich. I read this book. What sticks in my mind the most is the way the society dealt with Roy Goodrich and his wife. If they posted their experience on JW.net it would be read with great interest. Roy was speaking out agianst practices of the leadership in high places. He was disfellowshipped for it. Also, his wife was remonved as a pioneer. Later the leadership agreed with the position Roy Goodrich had taken in the first place. So these two people had their lives ruined for taking a stand agianst what proved to be wrong.

Adding to the sadness, is the fact that Roy Goodrich's wife was removed as a pioneer. How did she respond? She continued to put in pioneer hours. She did it for Jehovah not men. That fact adds to the evil of past leadership in their harsh judgement to dissfellowship a truth teller. So yes, history is important. Especially when you can see a pattern of wrongdoing by the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses. Also, a pattern of no accountability for these kinds of actions. It happened in the past and continues to happen in the present. If you are or have been an elder consider this. When you sat in judgement of a wrongdoer, what were you told to do about a "practicer" of sin. Could not this same principle be applied to the the organinzation? I say yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit