Menlo Park KH discussion in the WTS' eyes

by Magi 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mind blown
    mind blown

@SIM maybe you can suggest that this elder read the offical court documents to know the real truth. The opposing side would bring that up if that rumor is true just as it did when the WTS attorney Hayden Covenington had to admit the WTS is publishing false prophacy and DFing for those who didn't believe their false prophacy.....

http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=368&Itemid=8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses_doctrine

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Stuck,

That rumor (elders went apostate) is absolutely untrue. Here are a few facts you should be aware of:

1. Not a single one of the former elders (plaintiffs) will talk to me. They've made it clear that they do not individually, or as a group, support apostates - and still believe and support the religious teachings of the Watchtower. My direct contacts there are mostly "civilians" who know the men involved, but are not Witnesses themselves. Believe me, I've tried to contact the plaintiffs - but they won't budge. I've called their phone numbers and have even visited Menlo Park on several occasions hoping to set up a meeting - but they won't communicate with me directly. I doubt if they will have any contact with any ex or apostate JWs until they are officially disfellowshipped from the religion.

2. I have spoken to and received emails from other Witnesses in Menlo Park and surrounding areas. While support for the deposed elders is mixed, not one has ever stated that Jason Cobb or the others have ever approached any of them or tried to convince any of them to support the plaintiffs.

3. Jason Cobb and his family have continued to attend meetings at Menlo Park and continue as regular publishers. They have had to leave the area at times for fear of possible reprisals, but have not resigned from the Hall or become regular members of another congregation. Read the segment 5 of part 3 of "Elder Tells All" and you will see how he and his family have been treated by the new elder group even during meetings. Many in the Kingdom Hall have actually shunned them as if they were already disfellowshipped.

4. While many of my JW contacts in Menlo Park have expressed their support for Jason Cobb and the other plaintiffs, some are afraid to show that friendship within the Kingdom Hall for fear of being branded and marked themselves as possible troublemakers. A few have expressed their admiration for the fearless way that the Cobbs and St. Clair have stood up to the defendants and the organization - but again are afraid to demonstrate that support in any way for fear of being caught up in the purge that is sure to come.

5. A couple of my contacts remarked that they only learned the truth about what had happened by sneaking a peak at Ex-JW.com and reading the court documents for themselves. One told me that remarks by the current elder body accused the Cobbs of being thieves and "wanting to steal the Kingdom Hall away from the Watchtower and clean out the bank accounts too."

6. Another contact in the area who does not attend the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall told me that some of the MPKH members had told him that they been approached and asked point blank by the new elders "where do your loyalties lie?" Most simply replied "with Jehovah's organization" or something similar. They are trying to figure out who still supports the former elders. They are forcing us to lie in order to avoid being kicked out ourselves.

7. I forgot to mention that there is a rumor going around nearby congregations (Palo Alto, Redwood City) that the Watchtower Society may just shut down the English MP congregation, reassign the English speaking members to other nearby Kingdom Halls. They will leave the Japanese congregation and bring in a Spanish congregation from Redwood City to meet there until the building is abandoned altogether or sold. The rumor is that the RBC and the Service Department believe that if none of the players remain in Menlo Park then the controversy will simply die and the court cases with it.

I wish that I could share more, but to do so would put innocent JWs and their families in the SF south bay area in jeopardy. I do not want to be the instrument for the destruction of any JW families.

JV

• Magi
    Magi

Thanks for the info everyone. I was curious on all counts what the rumor mill was churning and what the insiders' opinions were. I read most of the documents you posted JV. The plaintiffs do consider the GB to still be high and mighty and unfallible while believing that men under them were the con artists.

• metatron
    metatron

What level of zombie-like stupidity by Witlesses does it take to realize that they may not be worth protecting? When does the saying, "if they are not to be sheared, why did God make them Sheep' , become a truth?

Watch "High Noon" and wipe the tears from your eyes and think about this mess. I don't see how they they can go on dancing on the edge of this cult. Moral principles mean NOTHING - obedience to the Governing Body is everything.

Tell the 70 or so contributors, 'if we win, we sell the Hall and divide the price equally'. What else should/would they do in the final outcome?

metatron

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

Metatron,

Re: the last line.

That was never what was decided, simply an idea kicked around as to what to do if they won.

This case has moved beond the MP KH. Winning now is holding to account the people who have commited crimes. It has become apparent that these defendants will do any thing they think they can get away with, and they think they can get away with anything. They don't know when to stop commiting crimes, and they spend a lot on bribes. they intimidate every witness, and use any means they have, legal or not, to try to get this case shut down.

D_F

• mind blown
    mind blown

Come to think of it....this weekend I heard a hall in NYC has been under renovation for two years now. A sister who told my family she mentioned she was getting real tired of waiting for the hall to be done! It shouldn't take a KH to two years to renovate, correct? The halls in NYC are simple, no parking lot or yards. Poor thing little does she know they may never get it back....

The horrible thing is none of these JW's really understand what's happening. I hope all hell breaks loose and the brothers pickit with signs stating the KH farce or it gets blasted on the news.....

From what I heard Memorial attendence was low. Even my family didn't attend. I think somethings stirrng even within the WTS.....

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Juan Viejo,

Of course its not a true rumor. I should have been more clear in my comment. the Watchtower only has one tactic for people who stand up to them. Attack their character with lies and rumors. I wish the Cobbs the best in this case. Juan you have a Pm

SIAM

• metatron
    metatron

Well, let's suppose they win in court, somehow. What do they win, exactly? Collective ownership of the Hall? And then what? Simply allow the friends to use it? And be vilified and shunned? Maybe have HQ demand that everyone go somewhere else to avoid the 'apostates'?

Write the final chapter of this story. Give me a happy ending.

metatron

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

Metatron,

Winning in court now will be accomplished when at least one of the defendents goes to jail for their crimes. If you get one, he will squeel on the rest of them. these defendents are so old that even a 10 year sentance might as well be life. they will squeel for sure to reduce their sentance to a fine, or even a year.

The new lawsuit is allready making WT heads explode. I've read part of the complaint, and, well..... Lets just say that we are looking forward to the next article from ex-jw.com

D_F

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit