Interviewing the Medical CEO for the Red Cross So Cal Region tommorrow

by Shawn10538 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The Four Presidentswas written by Edmond Gruss, author of many books and the first ex-JW to write a full doctrinal expose' of the JWs, as he was once one. His "Apostles of Denial" was the first ex-JW books I read. No malice, very well-presented. Four Presidents was basically dictated to Gruss through many conversations and manuscripts.

The info in the book was the personal experience of a high-level official at Bethel for many years, and several of us still know him and a few are in touch with him unless he passed away. His health is too poor to be reached. As long as he is still alive his real name won't be revealed, as he asked not to be identified, although some of us who have been on JWN and JWD for some time know him or at least know who he is. Few men ever knew the old guard like he did. But they pretty much destroyed him. I wanted to interview him myself, but he was too sick even 10 years ago. I am not sure of his present condition.

Get the book, it's FAR more entertaining than Crisis! :-))

Randy

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Gee Randy, do you think you could put it any more succinctly? :)

Band on the Run is just expressing his opinion nased on him not knowing the context and preparation for the interview, and the reason he doesn't know that is that I haven't stated it. So here it is:

I contacted the Red Cross initially for the purposes of my own education on how blood is handled and processed. Amazingly I had no idea whatsoever as most JWs and really nmost people in the public do not know. That is why there are so many myths out there about blood, especially among JWs and ex-JWs who have never looked into the subject. That's OK cuz now I get to do the leg work and help disspel some of the myths.

You don't state on what basis you have the interview. Originally my first interview was with the Public Relations Manager, Nick Samaniego. That interview took place over a month ago and was filmed as this one was. During the interview I inquired about many technical subjects so Nick invited me back to talk with the Medical CEO Dr. Fridey. So I took him up on the offer. He arranged the whole thing.

I find it difficult to believe that a Red Cross official would take on any religion's doctrine. Well, sorry to disappoint you but it happened, and they were very interested in JW doctrine as it applied to matters of blood transfusions

The blood doctrine is a theological issue to me, not a Red Cross issue. I disagree. To AJWRB, it is a MEDICAL issue, not a theological issue. Oh yeah, and according to the whole world except JWs, it is a medical issue. As Nick Samaniego said, "Blood Trandfusions are universally viewed as a good thing morally speaking." In other words, there is just no one out there that agrees with JWs that takling a blood transfusion is sinful. People may disagree on the medical efficacy of blood, but no one in their right mind would actually put it on the level of say, fornication or any other sin. Only JWs do that.

I'd ask about the safety of the blood supply, from blood donation to delivery. Done. It's safe. No worries. It's as safe as aspirin.

There were issues about blood following 9/11. The Red Cross diverted funds from the immediate rescue of 9/11 victims to a general refurbishing of the national supply in case another disaster happened. People were livid. Julia Roberts testified. There were Congressional hearings. That's too bad that people who work at the Red Cross are not completely immune to sinfulness and corruption. But if you knew the history of the Red Cross, you would see clearly that it is a positive organization. Your eyes have been clouded with Watchtower beliefs I see. And the Watchtower demonization of the Red Cross is just another way JWs have been brainwashed to believe something pure and innocent is bad and scary. I think tulips and butterflies are evil. Go figure.

I'd ask how long the blood lasts before it goes bad. About 5 days from time of donation. The processing facility must get the blood out within 72 hours, so that only allows hospitals a few days to use it or throw it out. A huge amoutn of blood is actually thrown out due to expiring. But it's not a matrter of waste because we have to have enough in case of disasters. But plasma is frozen so it lasts upwards of a month.White cells are destroyed at the time of donation and are not used by the Red Cross at all. The Red cross handles half this nation's blood supply.

I'm not that aware of the Red Cross. You said it!

Because of what happened after 9/11, I will always donate to local charities rather than huge entities. So sorry 9/11 affected you that way. It's a good thing that local charities are so pure and innocent. I think you are totally safe sticking to local charities. But then again I have a hard time believing that you donate to any charity whatsoever. I just don't see it based on your usual poo pooing of everything everybody on JWN does that involves action and real work.

Where does blood supplied by the homeless go? All people are screened extensively. Being homeless does not exclude you from giving blood. But noone gets paid for donating blood anymore, so I don't see a lot of homeless people giving blood on the donation events I have attended. Then again, how would one know someone is homeless unless they tell you directly? Being homeless may expose you to more pathogens, but it doesn't mean necessarily that your blood is dirty. That's what the screeing process does. Anything getting by modern detectors is rare and usually results in much media coverage. Blood has never been safer.

Is blood for profit in the system?-NO. -This may be very old. Yes it is very old.

I imagine he will promote the Red Cross and sidestep any other issues. Nope. Not at all. SHE encouraged blood donation, but her job requires her to make sure no one ever gives a blood tyransfusion unless it is absolutely necessary. She holds doctors accountable. Her philosophy as try and transfuse as little blood as possible. She is not in it for the money.

I was thinking of bloodless surgery. - There is no medical definition of "bloodless surgery." Each doctor or patient gets to define it their own way. It is therefore not even a medical term.

Good luck. Thanks.

More on the interview later. But I will add that Dr. Fridey is extremely supportive of our organization and gave us lots of encouragement. So to all the naysayers and do-nothings out there (my tongue is sticking out at you and flapping making a sound like flflfpthbbppleppppfffththtbbb)

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Just to share a quick revelation that came up during the interview of Dr. Fridey, get this: there is no medical definition for "bloodless medicine." Therefore, essentially it is a made up concept. There is no critieria for what constitutes bloodless, there is no amount of blood or number of blood procedures that is so low that it can be called bloodless. It is an arbitrary term that each doctor and patient gets to use to describe their operation if they feel like it. But there is no standard to go by. Basically, the medical term that SHOULD be used, is "blood conservation." But Dr. Fridey mentioned that the other category, if there were to be another category besides blood conservation, would be roughly "Total Blood Avoidance." But Total Blood Avoidance is not a defined medical term either because there is no such thing. It would represent an extreme avoidance of blood, for instance, a patient who would refuse treatment that may only result in their own blood getting on their skin or something and all blood that leaves the body would have to be dumped on the ground. This would exclude any testing of blood as well. But there is nobody on earth who has ever requested "Total Blood Avoidance," apparently. So it's "not a thing."

It seems that the Watchtower Society itself has instituted phrases over the years that the medical community has actually adopted without legitimate scientific definition. So the Watchtower Society has converted the language of the medical community, and the medical community has obliged them by using their language. Watchtower language has become almost mainstream, since you see the phrase "bloodless medicine" everywhere, EVEN ON AJWRB! I'll have to think about that one for a bit.

z

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit