Special talk

by Gorbatchov 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Zordino
    Zordino

I went to the "special" talk with the wifey today. Booooooring as Hell! What I did notice in this talk in what I call a "get up off your ass and bring us in more converts cause the big A is just around the corner BS", I noticed that they did not once mention 1914 or the generation crap at all! So weird, they used to pound us with it 20 times per meeting with "1914"to now not even mentioning it once during a special Big A talk. Maybe it was only in my hall? Anyone else noticed that?

God, how stupid can people be to still believe this nonsence.

• linuxbob
    linuxbob

same in my wife's hall, no mention of 1914 or the Big "A".

Painfully boring.

• paladin
    paladin

I recall nothing said about 1914 or Generations but a lot of talk regarding meeting attendance and setting personal goals again. Also we have to preach more or else.

• baltar447
    baltar447

What about this from the outline?

Since 1914 more than 100 million lives have been lost in wars!

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I caught the last part due to my wife dialing it in on the phone. I guess the guilt of not going got to her. The entire last part was a guilt trip. My wife was doing ok till today. THANKS SPECIAL TALK!!!

Isn't it ironic that a Geologist and a Physicist are in my Hall at the same time and they are believing this BS? I asked the Physicist how much evidence there is for Evolution being true and he said, there is a quite a lot, why do you ask? I was floored! He is a regular pioneer and now going to the Chinese Congregation to learn the language. How the hell does that happen? The man is a freaking genius Physics professor and he takes it hook, line and sinker!

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Hey dudes, any other congo clapping their hands after the announcement about the 'Midi Tower' and 'Half Awake!'? Because they did in ours!

I told my wife prior to the announcement that someone would be a fool and clap his hands and quite a number would follow suit. And it happened! We couldn't stop ourselves from laughing.

NOLAW

• paladin
    paladin

Sorry, 1914 was mentioned during the talk along with all the great earth quakes and other major problems of the 20th century.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Yes, but did they mention the relation of 1914 to the Generation teaching proving the closness to the end?

To me, the talk was ridiculous and full of BS. Sugarcoated BS. Mmmmm Yummy.

• Zordino
    Zordino

And yes, they pushed more brainwashing seminar's and field circus as so vital because "The time left is Reduced" I guess thats their new slogan?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I blew it off. Perhaps in the year 4200 they will announce that the Age of Aquarius is here--when it is leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit