VERY COOL JWs!- my trip to Montana!

by TR 10 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Last Saturday, my nephew, son of my JW brother, got married. It was a wonderful event that took place on the top floor of the Sheraton hotel in Billings, Montana.

Now, this wasn't your typical JW marriage. In fact, it wasn't even REMOTELY a JW marriage OR wedding. A little background:

My nephew, raised as a third generation JW, left home when he turned 18, and moved to Alaska to work. He evidently dropped JW rituals like a hot potato. He moved back to Montana last summer and got re-acquainted with a girl(not a JW) from high school. Evidently, they fell in love.

Now, my brother and his wife's JW family have always been what I'd term a 'liberal' bunch of JWs. But this situation with the wedding MUST have stirred some Elders up, but I don't know for sure. My brother and his wife really like their son's new bride and her family. I like them as well. Really great bunch of NON JW people. And my nephews's bride? What a HOTTIE! And she's in college! Married a sharp girl, my nephew did! My Sis-in-law mentioned that she finally has a girl(they have three boys), she's blond like the rest of them and she fits right in! No mention of religion! Anyway, The wedding was officiated by some clergyman, obviously not a JW. There were no JW friends from the Kingdom Hall there. The only JW's were my Brother's immediate family, his Father and Mother in law, and his wife's sister.

What can I say? My nephew invited an apostate(me) to his wedding. My brother even called to confirm that I was going to attend. During the wedding reception when the dj was doing his thang, my bro's wife even insisted that I dance with her! We all had a great time. A wonderful wedding ceremony with not a HINT of dubdom. Very cool.

Now, are they the exception or the rule, as far as JW's go? Are more and more JWs disregarding WTS rule and doing what they want? I hope so.

I will post pics as soon as I can.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• AMarie
    AMarie

TR:

Glad you had a bitchin' time at your nephews wedding. Maybe the Montana dubs are different than others, because in my 15 years of dubdom, I've never heard of a wedding like this. Maybe you just have a super-cool family. I'm definitely looking forward to the pictures.

AMarie

• Helen
    Helen

TR that is wonderfull, glad you had a great time..hope to see you guys this summer.

• JBean
    JBean

Glad you had a great time! Maybe the answer to your question is... they are possibly on their way "out" but are not willing to mention it out loud yet. : )

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It sounds like a breath of fresh air. Completely unfettered from the pharisaic rules surrounding JW gatherings.

• Dutchy
    Dutchy

I am afraid that you have had a singular experience. The average JW's would have run out of the wedding hall if they had seen you there, certain that you were bringing evil spirits with you. Those that did not leave the wedding would not have come within 50 feet of you, would not have spoke to you, danced with you and certainly not have eaten with you. Count yourself among the fortunate. (Glad you had a swell tinme though!)

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

tr, glad the wedding was fun! and your jw family seems to be very cool with your apostate status :) thanks for sharing and i wanna see pics so hurry up hehe

love
    harmony

• Lari
    Lari

TR,
    Glad you had a great time. We can only hope your Brother's attitude is the start of a new trend.

If it's not too much trouble could you ask your Billing's relatives about a JW family named Kiner. I was good friends with their oldest son Justin and am just curious, his dad's name is Craig and he was an elder. No way for me to get news now that I'm Dfed. He was at Walkill last time we spoke but maybe he's back home in Billings now.

Thanks

• termite 35
    termite 35

You DANCED??!!!!!!!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Loved this post. It gives me pleasure to know that the boys in Bethel might be reading this and getting a sick lump in their stomachs that they couldn't control this wedding!

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit